17

Your p.o.v

"We got a promotion!" My mother shouts and I squeal, hugging them both.

"That's so good! Oh I'm so proud and happy for you guys!" I sit back down on the couch and they smile.

"So, what have you been doing while we were gone?" My dad asks and I blink quickly, trying to think of something that doesn't involve Darkiplier.

"Um, I was working and hanging out with family." I rub my arms and my dad's eyes widen.

"You got into a family? You got a tattoo?!" He shoots up suddenly and I flinch.

"Yeah, why..?" I hold my right arm close and he paces around the living room.

"Why?! Who gave you permission?!" He shouts in my face and my mom gets up, pulling him back.

"Leave her alone, she is old enough and mature enough to make her own choices. She has her own company for moon's sake."

"I don't care. Who are they?! I'm going to report them for forcing and brainwashing you into getting a fucking tattoo!!" He shouts louder and my eyes widen at the sudden use of profanity.

I suddenly get angry for him thinking I can't make my own decisions. I stand up and my wings come out of their own as I walk towards him.

"Excuse me?! I'm old enough to pick what family I get to be in! I have my own company that pays for my whole life and you're saying I'm forced into something?! You know very well I can take care of myself and stand up for myself as well. I chose to have this tattoo and I chose to be in that family of demons that don't judge me silently!" I lift my sleeve and show them the family tattoo and they both gasp, my mom with excitement and my dad with disbelief.

"Get out. I can't fucking believe you. If you want that family so much, go with them!" He storms out of the living room, slamming the door to his bedroom.

My mom sighs and rushes over to me.

"Let me see." She squeals slightly and I laugh a little, lifting my arm towards her. She traces it and it glows (f/c) on the outlines.

"It's so beautiful, I never showed you mine." She glances back and my eyes widen.

"You had a family?" I ask and she nods, lifting her arm and pulling down her sleeve. Her inner arm has a small tattoo of a swirl with fire in the back. I trace it and it glows pink.

"Woah, mom!" I smile and she laughs.

"They're still my family, I work with them actually. Look, your dad is just mad that you did it without telling him. He never had a family of his own. He's, how you say, salty." She smiles slightly and I look at the family tattoo.

"Can we talk in my room? I have a lot to tell you." I take a deep breath and she gives me a worried look, then walks to my room. I follow her and we sit down on my bed, shutting and locking the door.

-

"Oof, that's, a lot to take in."

"I know, sorry I just threw it at you all at once."

"Okay okay, so you met your ghost and her name is Andromeda, correct?" She looks at me and I nod.

"She met Darkiplier's ghost which is Xavier and proved that you're mates, correct?" She pushes her hair behind her ear and I nod again.

"So, Darkiplier is your mate and he's agreed to keep everything Platonic since you want to do everything together but since he has needs, he can still hug and all that but Platonic?" She smiles slightly and I nod.