5

Your p.o.v

I rub my eyes and hear moving downstairs. I look around and see Darkiplier isn't on the bed. I sit up from the blankets I slept on the floor and get up carefully, trying not to get light-headed.

I head downstairs and hear Darkiplier groan as he looks around.

"What are you doing?" I ask and he stops, shivering and faces me.

"D-do you have migraine medicine?" He whispers and I nod, walking to my plate cabinet and opening the door next to it. I climb onto the counter and take it from the middle of all my medications and jump down. I hand him one and give him a glass of water.

He takes it and drinks it with the pill. I stare as his Adams apple bobs up and down every time he swallows. I look away once he's done and he washes his cup.

"Why didn't you ask me first that you wanted medicine?" I ask and he looks at me.

"I didn't want to wake you." He stares at my face as the moonlight shines on him from the window. I check the time and look outside.

"It's been two hours since we went to bed, I usually wake up around this hour anyways." I say and walk to the door.

"Why?" He asks and I wave him over. He follows me as I go to the back of the house and climb up a ladder to the roof and take a seat on the blankets I nailed onto the roof. He sits next to me and I hug my knees.

"So, why do you wake up around this time? It's 2 in the morning." He looks up at me and I walk towards the chimney. I jump slightly and reach inside, grabbing my telescope and walking back.

"You, star gaze?" He whispers and I nod as I put the telescope down in between us and I fix it.

"Mhm, I find it relaxing before the day starts. I stargaze for an hour and go back to bed." I sit down and look through it, seeing the details of the moon.

"You don't get tired?" He asks and I shake my head as I sit back up, pointing the end of the telescope towards him.

"Here." I make the telescope go higher so he doesn't have to lean over.

"What do I do?" He looks at me and I sit closer to him.

"You look through here, and fix the clearance here." I hold his hand and lift it up towards the knob on the side of the telescope, twisting it gently. He looks through the telescope and fixes it himself.

"Do you know any constellations?" He asks and I think.

"Not off the top of my head. Why?" I look up and he passes me the telescope.

"Do you know that one at least?" He asks and I kneel, looking through it.

"Oh, that one is common, it's the big dipper." I sit and he looks through it again.

"I've never heard of that." He whispers and I look at him quickly.

"We were never able to learn about things in space. Every now and then I would sneak a book to learn about it. I think Space Is Cool." He sits up and fixes the telescope to my height.

"It is." I look through it and smile at the moon.

"You're lucky." He whispers and I look at him.

"You have people who already like you, a job, get paid well, have a nice house." He looks away and I sit closer to him.

"Well, I wanted to help. I never liked to just sit around and be helpless when my parents couldn't pay enough for one drink since their jobs were selfish." I look up at him and he stares at my face.