26

Your p.o.v

I let the girls cuddle up to me and my wings as we watch the pugs play around with a ball. I hold Dogy the hedgehog and let his back poke my hands.

"Thanks for doing that, I don't want to deal with them right now. When they get like that it's a little scary and their grip gets really tight." Darkiishu leans her head on my shoulder and I look at her.

"They hurt you?"

"No, not really. We just kinda hurt each other emotionally." Peevils pets my ruffled feathers and my brows furrow.

"That's not good."

"It's fine, we make up after it but I don't know, I feel like he tries too hard to make me happy when he isn't and it gets to him." Marzia pets Dogy and I look at her.

"Why do you think that?"

"Something happened when my first heat came. I still think about it sometimes and I know he never let it go. I told him it was in the past but he thinks I hold it against him." She shrugs and I put Dogy on the floor, letting him walk around.

"Did you ever talk to him about it?" Peevils asks and she nods slightly.

"Many times, it still gets to him." She whispers and we hear a loud thud on the wall and pain shoots throughout my back, making me scream momentarily. I get up quickly, struggling to stand and put on my mask in case and run outside.

Dark is slumped on the wall and the guys are breathing heavily. Dark struggles to stand and Infelix swings at him but I fly in front of him, quickly catching his hand making him shake from all the force he's putting against me.

I push him back and he falls on the others. I place my hand on Dark's head and start healing his body.

Infelix runs up to me and I point my hand towards him, making him float upwards. I spin him around to check for anything and see his back is glowing. I make his shirt go up and Marzia runs to me.

"What are you doing?"

"Heaven realm magic. Take it out of them before they're stuck like this." I put him down and hold all of them down on the floor. Marzia runs to them and waves her hands around them.

I look back at Dark who is almost fully healed. He takes my hand off his head and breathes slowly, placing it on his cheek.

"Thanks." He whispers and kisses my palm. I kiss his forehead and feel something poke my leg repeatedly. I look down and see a little girl with small horns and serpent green eyes. She flicks her tail gently and I look at Dark who is staring at the girl.

"Help." She says while jumping slightly and I crouch, putting my wings away and holding onto the grass.

"With?" I ask and she points behind her and I look up, seeing a drunk man coming this way.

"Dark, get everyone inside." I whisper while struggling to stand and hide the girl behind me.

"What? No-"

"Dark." I stare at him and he sighs, picking everyone up with his tentacles and walking inside.

"Stay behind me." I whisper and she hugs my leg. The man walks up to us and swings his bottle around. I pretend I'm outside looking for something.

"Hey, you!" He shouts and I look towards him. He stops a couple steps away from me and hiccups.

"Have you seen a girl around here? Kinda weird looking." He hiccups again and I blink.

I look to my left then back at him to show I don't understand what he's saying. His face changes to confusion and frustration.

"Hey, are you listening?" He taps his ears and takes a step closer. I step back and the little girl hugs me tighter.