23

Your p.o.v

"Thank you for the celebration." I tell Marzia and she slips something in my pocket.

"Just in case. You're a junior, not a graduate." She winks at me and I roll my eyes.

"We can't get pregnant right now anyways, our bodies don't let us until we're out of school." I glance at Dark behind Marzia as he talks to Infelix.

"Still, your body is different. You have many elements besides magic and air. Plus the wings. I'm starting to think you're related to someone who gave you all of those." She pokes my nose and walks away. My eyes widen and I blink quickly.

Dark walks up to me with a tray of food covered in tinfoil. I smile at him and he hands me the tray, opening the car door for me. I slip in and he gets in through the other side. He starts driving and I look outside as the Moon shines down on us.

"What's on your mind?" He asks and I shrug.

"I kinda want you to meet my parents."

"I don't need to-" He suddenly says and I turn my head towards him.

"Dark-"

"Let me finish, I don't need to because I've already met them. Well, your mom anyway. I saw your dad and he slammed the door in my face. I think he got scared." He rubs my thigh gently and I stare at his face.

"When was this?"

"The day Marzia knocked you out for your heat since it came way earlier than expected. Thank the Moon."

"What? Dark that really hurt." I cross my arms and he glances at me.

"I know, that's why I brought your mom. She let me stay with you the whole time. Yeah, I was worried as hell that you could actually be dead but I knew you weren't because I'd feel it." His face changes to worry and I hold his hand. He intertwines our fingers and kisses the back of my hand.

"I understand you wanted to wait for a formal meeting but the heat threw us off, Darling. I wanted to take your pain away but I couldn't because I didn't want you to be mad at me for suddenly fucking you before your side came."

He parks by my house and reaches behind our seats. I get out and wait for him to get out as well. He gets out holding a bouquet and a bottle of wine and walks over to me.

"You want a formal meeting? I'll do it again." He cracks his neck and my heart melts. I kiss his lips and he nudges me with the wine bottle.

We walk up to my door and I knock gently.

"Why are you knocking?" Dark asks and I blink quickly.

"They could be busy. I don't want to barge in and just tell them 'hey I'm with the guy that claimed to be my mate and wasn't lying'." I squint at him and he squints at me as well.

"You butt." He whispers and my eyes widen.

"Dark!" I whisper shout and he starts laughing. We hear the door click and we stop, facing the door.

"Oh, give me a second." My mom tries to open the door but the chain prevents it. She closes the door then opens it again. Her eyes light up and she opens the door fully, letting us in.

"Mom, I wanted you to meet my mate." I hold the wine bottle and she looks at me.

"Trying to make it formal, huh?" She asks and I blink.

"Mom."

"Alright alright." She clears her throat and fixes her shirt.

"I'm Serene, (Y/n)'s mom."