4

Darkiplier's p.o.v

My eyes widen in realization and I drag the guys out the room and slam the door closed as I hyperventilate.

"Woah, woah. Hey are you okay?" They rush up to me and Anti makes a cup appear and Infelix lifts his hand over the cup to fill it with water. Anti hands me the cup and I drink it slowly.

"Okay, now what happened?" Wilford asks and I take a deep breath.

"I found my mate..."

Their faces light up and they start hugging me. I stagger a bit and they lean against the wall.

"Congrats man, who is it?" Infelix asks.

"(Y/n)..." I whisper and they laugh.

"Seriously, who is it. You know the Moon and Satan wouldn't punish an innocent girl like that." Anti stands up straight.

"Why would I lie about something as important as finding a mate when I don't even want one."

Their faces drop and they look at each other.

"Listen, Dark, I know you don't want one, I didn't either at first. But then I met Marzia and got to know her and I'm the happiest I've ever been, and I live in hell. We all do! None of us wanted a mate but we were taught to save ourselves for our mates. Be lucky you even have a mate in the first place, not many people get that chance." Infelix puts his hand on my shoulder and I look up at him.

"I know you're scared of getting rejected. But you can't plan on doing smash and pass anymore. I know you've saved yourself in hopes of finding an amazing mate. And you found an incredible one. Look around you man," Anti places his hand on my other shoulder and looks around.

"Your mate has good grades, can handle herself, has a good fucking job that pays like hell, and knows what she's doing."

Wilford comes up to me and places both hands on my upper arms once both of them let go.

"Don't take this for granted, she may be hard to handle and doesn't let you do whatever the hell you want, but that's because she is saving herself for her mate, which is now you. So take care of her, now that you've noticed she's your mate, good luck trying to control yourself from touching her and refraining from killing any guy that gets near her." Wilford steps back and I stare at them.

"Wait, why?"

"It's a pull you can't resist. It's like, when you go to the store and you see something you like but if you get it, you won't have enough money for the things you came for. You convince yourself you won't do it, and then end up leaving the store with a PS4 in your cart." Anti crosses his arms and we look at him.

"Don't judge me!"

"Look, I think you should get to know her. Who knows, she might be what you've needed all along." Infelix says and I look back at the door.

"I don't think she has met her ghost yet..." I say and they gasp.

"Oh, fuck. Good luck man you're gonna need it." Anti says and Infelix punches his arm.

"Just, try to get on her good side. You don't want the pain of rejection, do you?" Infelix asks and I shake my head.

I heard that being rejected by your mate is the worst pain you could ever get aside from being in heat and tortured by Satan himself. If one side of the bond is broken, pain shoots throughout you as a punishment from rejecting the Moon's decisions. But sometimes that's for the best since she gives you a second mate in case. And if both mates reject, you may as well be dead from all the pain.