7

Darkiplier's p.o.v

"The only healer here is her! How are we going to fix burns that deep?!" Anti shouts at Infelix as I watch Marzia wrap her arm and cover her cheek with a bandage.

She looks up at me and stands up, sitting on the small couch next to me.

"You're her mate, aren't you." She whispers and I look at her.

"How-"

"I see the way you look at her. That, and you held her hand the entire time in the earth realm." She looks at my face and I look away. I look back at (Y/n) who is unconscious on my bed in my room.

"She's going to be okay, if that's what you're wondering." Marzia says and I look at her again.

"I put some of the healing spell on her burns, so they should be going away faster. She'll just have a tiny permanent scar on the main areas. It'll barely be noticeable." She whispers to me and I nod.

"Ask about Andromeda." Xavier demands and I take a shaky breath.

"What about Andromeda?" I ask and she looks at her.

"She's alright, just tired. She tried to block out the burning as much as she could. If she didn't, (Y/n) would have had parts in her skin showing bone instead. And even then, some of the bone would have disheveled away." She makes a worried look and I rub my arms.

"How are you holding up?" Anti asks and I shrug.

"Just, angry and for once guilty." I whisper while staring at her face.

"Why guilty?"

"I should have been the one in that bed. I should have been the one with burns all over my skin. Not her, she just got her ghost and she's already hurt." I put my head in my hands and place my weight on my knees.

"You guys should head home. You have school tomorrow." I stand up and they look at me.

"You're not going?" Wilford asks and I point to (Y/n).

"Marzia, you'll need to take care of her stuff or tell her company she's on hold for injuries." I face Marzia and she nods. She hands me a small bag filled with supplies and hugs me.

"Don't worry so much, okay? She's going to be okay, and now even more because you're here." She whispers and I hug her lightly.

She lets go and they walk out of my room, waving to both of us. I sit on my couch and stare at her face. Putting the bag down, I get back up and walk out to my basement. I change into my shorts and take off my shirt and walk to my punching bag.

I crack my neck and start punching full force as the memories of what happened replay in my mind, making me more angry.

My vision goes red and I hit the bag so hard the chain breaks and it falls over. I run my fingers through my hair angrily and hear soft footsteps.

"She's awake." Xavier sits up quickly and I walk up quietly towards the kitchen. I stand in the doorway and see her climbing the counter with her free arm. I smile slightly and lean on the doorframe as she takes out my box of brownies from the cabinet.

She tosses the box onto the table and climbs down carefully and opens the box with her teeth. I stare at her face as she rips open a bag and shakes the brownie onto the table.

She gasps once it falls out and smiles in victory. "Yes!" She shouts and starts eating it.

I turn into mist and float around her, taking in her scent of fresh laundry and perfume. She inspects her bandaged arm and tries to wiggle her fingers but hisses in pain instead.