Wigan Athletic 1-1 Liverpool

I was trying to take this match really serious to make up for missing half of Tranmere and then nearly missed kick off cos I had the wrong time so thanks to everyone who attended for being slow to get to their seats.

So Wigan's manager is a massive Liverpool fan (good man) so he's decided to give us a tough match even without his strongest team available and 2nd half kids lined up

Bloody rugby towns! The pitch was the site of a massive rugby match last night so now it's all pot hole-y and has stupid rugby lines.

Captain Lallana!

Salah immediately proved what everyone's been saying about his speed. Was so close to scoring with his first ball as a Liverpool player.

I didn't have an opinion on Salah's hair until today. I like it, it makes him really easy to spot.

Flanno's back and he still loves a tackle!

I swear every time I hear the commentators say Burn I think they're trying to make Woodburn's name sound a bit cooler or something.

Liverpool and free kicks. FFS We just switched off and then lost our heads for about the next five minutes, easily could've let more goals in in that madness!

After that though we put together some great moves until it came to trying to finish it with a goal.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to be the fourth official with Klopp as a manager because he just doesn't let it go when something happens he don't like. This time a tackle on Coutinho even though he was fine.

Max Power shoots low but no problem for Mignolet. No way is Max Power someone's actual name. It's off the Simpsons and the Sim Supply's let's play series!

SALAH scored his first Liverpool goal right before the end of his half. It was put on a plate for him after Coutinho stole it  Yay, someone in this match who can see a net and put a ball in it.

I felt that goal coming I really did. We just needed that one extra minute.

OMG there was an advert that used commentary from Istanbul, started getting emotional, same the other day when we randomly caught a program with Carragher talking about it on Sky Sports Mix the other day. "Hello, hello here we go..."

It's started raining, that can't help the conditions.

30 seconds in we've got the corner. We're not starting slow.

Lovren that was such a defender's kick! You're meant to put it in that net!

We were so unlucky  to have no one able to tap it in twice there!

Love that there's not much to say about the game so the commentators are just going on about the rain. It's raining here too.

Dad just asked how it's going and my answer was "it's all just Wigan substituting kids on."

That was some good defending Lovren but then Karius is back nearly letting it under his foot!

Tut! Keeper why'd you have to catch that one and then punch that one, they were Sturridge's!

Lovren had a player fall onto his back/ pull him to get a free kick, little cheat! Karius just jumped so confidently for that ball

They're forgetting Sturridge isn't the fastest any more.

Now they're arguing about the shape of goal posts, apparently they're oval. I had no idea goal posts weren't just square/ straight, thanks commentators.

How can that not be a corner, that was clearly the defender kicking that. not Sturridge!

I'm a bit disappointed that Sturridge didn't get to score on my first time wearing his name on the back of my shirt for real but it definitely wasn't for want of trying.

Gerrard captained England last night in a 6 a side Star Sixes  thing and I completely forgot about it hours after I learnt it was happening and got excited, oh well. England were beaten 4-1 by a strong Spain side.

Next up  Crystal Palace away in Hong Kong, Wednesday 19th July 2017 13:30

Oh nice one! Liverpool in the afternoon, England's Lionesses in the evening which I still need to start that book.