Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle

The u23s are out of the Premier League international cup or whatever that's called. I watched it. Matty Virtue scored the first, Porto equalized and then Porto scored in extra time. Danny Ward made loads of saves, he deserves to feel wasted in the u23s. We were hanging on so well until that last minute but at the same time not coping with the snow and wind and being thrown together from the u18s and stuff against a settled u23 side. They had a green pitch 20 minutes in, by half time it was completely white and the groundspeople had to scrape the snow so the lines would be visible.

In the middle of the beast from the east causing it's chaos on Britain, Rafa was out training in shorts. What a legend. I didn't even leave the house in 3 days and it wasn't so bad round here as it was in other places like the north east.

The England Lionesses won 4-1 against France, I'm not sure if there was any Liverpool players involved but then there were a lot of substitutions which when we swapped goalkeepers, that's when I realised it's a friendly competition. I'm not gonna praise Phil Nevile, no way.

The press conference. I've been cutting out this part because there hasn't really been anything to talk about out of the ordinary from them, no particularly stupid questions or whatever, maybe in the CL ones but I gave up trying to understand those. The reporters, grown up people started laughing and wouldn't allow him to report that someone had diarrhoea insisting it's British to say the runs. Sure we like a euphemism but there's no need to cause such a commotion over a medical term and make yourselves out to be children as well as incompetent.

MotM- Loris Karius

(He may not have had to work his socks off but we all know our attack can attack, we've not always been so sure about the other end. I'm just really impressed by that save and have seen his twitter post enough times to sway me)

Dad was watching with me today (he was asleep through Porto and away for mum's birthday for West Ham) and he got so impatient so quickly. It probably didn't help that the stream was stopping a lot throughout.

Strangely, he didn't say anything negative when I pointed out Mo's gloves. He's really not a fan of a footballer in gloves. I guess he needed to keep all his moaning for HENDERSON. As if Henderson wasn't getting enough stick for being from Sunderland, he gets it from someone supporting his club. I don't understand why he can't see Henderson is doing his job by passing back or sideways. He's also still mad at Can for apparently wanting Juve, which why be angry at someone who's still playing and not acting up or anything to get a move. He declared it was going to be a nil niler and a few minutes later we got our goal. 

Rafa was sat in his usual suit get up, very smart. The camera goes to some silly Newcastle fans who've taken their shirts off, it goes back to Rafa and he's found his coat. Klopp was wrapped up throughout, as ever.

Speaking of Newcastle fans I found it strange that they sang where's your famous atmosphere and stuff like that. I don't get other teams being concerned about our atmosphere, d'you really want t goad us into finding our full voice? Focus on pushing your own team on.

TAA almost managed to set up a tap in. It was a great ball in but Mane was surprised and it only managed to hit off his knee. Great action to see against a team that's just trying to shut us out.

Dummett pulled off a block from a Mo Salah pile-driver. He put his hands up to protect his face, the first of the handball shouts, this time from the crowd but you can't give that for protecting himself from that shot.

Newcastle started opening up as we kept going. We had a free kick and Can almost got a header the same as West Ham. It was over this time.

Lovren managed to get close to a goal but he didn't manage to get power on his header it went straight down so the keeper got it.