Liverpool 4-3 Man City

So in the nine days since the last one it's been quite busy.

The lads had a little trip to Dubai and Firmino, Cyprus, which makes this result even better because we don't always do well after these trips. 

We sold our number 10, I was going to be horrible about it but he had his heart set on something and unlike some others did play his best when he was on the pitch during this time. When he stayed in the summer I thought that meant he was giving us the season but when I want something really badly I want it yesterday so I don't blame him. And now I've calmed down and really seen that we can do it without him, I wish him well in Barca which he do doubt will, reunited with Suarez.

Our ladies won 8-0 against Yeovil Town which feels so long ago now, it was the day after the derby. That was quite a crazy one to try to follow on twitter.

We sold Cameron Brannagan to Oxford United and loaned Ryan Kent to Bristol City so it really looks like the break up of the u23s is happening. This may have lead to the 3-2 defeat to City on Friday. Still top of the league but by only 1 point, with a game in hand.

I knew that score was a sign of things to come for the seniors.

MotM- Andrew Robertson

(He had Sterling and everyone else absolutely dealt with, with a little help from a bit of booing. There was a few minutes when he was pressing the keeper and defenders so hard land I was like hey that's Robertson, he's defending just outside and even inside the opposition's box, wow. I would've lost my mind if he'd nicked the ball and scored. He did absolutely amazing and has definitely made me rethink what I thought of him coming in.)

Disapointed that VVD couldn't play, scared and confused by Karius being named. Why's Mignolet being made to completely sit out all of a sudden?!

What a game?! This is what the reverse fixture should've been. This was real toe to toe football. 

We start with a minute applause for Tommy Lawrence. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about him in the week, he was apparently the first sweeper keeper in England and no one got past him cos he could just punch them down, oh to have those rules back and he didn't wear gloves most of the time, I didn't know that was ever an option for a goalie. 

There were so many agh that was so close for *insert any of our attackers* going on goal if that ball had got to him moments right from the start.

Sterling went down for a penalty and I just laughed at him, as if he thinks he's getting anything here. Ref though the same too.

Then Alex OC scored out of nowhere! Firmino won the ball, Alex OC weaved and drove past everyone and shot into the corner.

We exploded, Anfield exploded. It was building and took nine minutes for us to find a lead with the first real shot of the match.

Can loved a sliding tackle today, especially on Sterling, brilliant, Can kept on winning challenges like that too. He had a right game.

City still had the confidence to build into the game as they should and we have errors in us. Gomez shouldn't have gone for that ball. Karius shouldn't have left a gap and Sane shouldn't have been allowed to score and go into half time with an qualifier.

Back after the break, the keeper cut out Gomez's cross, City break and Matip denies them.The corner hits the post. End to end stuff and City are looking scary.

The keeper punched Alex OC's corner, and then has to save from Salah and Alex OC again. Salah's cross then hit the post. That was so close to dipping in. Swear the keeper also got a touch but it went as a goal kick. Our second's building again.

We take the lead with Firmino! Alex OC rolled a pass in behind Stones, Firmino shrugged him off and finished it over the keeper.

We've got the bloody lead over Man City again! Anyone'd think it was a massive cup final, the way we were shouting. I was like you naughty, naughty lad cos he went and took his shirt off for his tenth goal of the season but I'll take it when it was 3-1 against City. I love that he completely took off and let go of his shirt, Lovren ended up with it, holding it up to the crowd in the stands while they were huddling. Naughty!

Mane followed it up, hitting the post but that was just a teaser for the next move. Salah dispossessed Otamendi and gave it Mane. He smashed it high into the net off his left foot from the edge of the box.

Oh my I am losing it at how each goal is topping the previous one for it's brilliance. 

Mane involved Karius with a 60 yard back pass. City's keeper (I don't know why I'm not using his name, it's Ederson) goes one better and involves Salah. He only goes and accepts the ball and lifts him over him from 40 yards. The wind helped too.

I'm lost for words. I can't believe what I just saw, that kick and the last few minutes, dream land.

Sterling got a yellow fouling Gini, swear he only did it to get pulled off. I'm sure Pep would've let you come off cos there's too much booing if you'd just asked!

I know it's horrible booing a player and I'm always like why you still booing Lovren but at this point I think it just serves as a way of gaining an advantage that we need.

Can went off for Milner. Not sure why, hopefully not cos injury, sign your bloody contract Can! Klopp just said him and Salah are/ were sick so wow what performances from a pair of sick boys.

Probably best look away now...

Bernardo Silva, the one who replaced Sterling scored. I think I missed this one letting the dog out or getting her to come back in. I know I walked to the door with my head glued to the screen and kepts topping cos we kept looking like we were about to do another one.

Lallana came on for Salah. I was so excited to see him. I wasn't sure he was the player to come on at this point though even though 4-4 or 4-5 seemed miles away.

Mum told me off for leaving the cola bottle out, went to put it away, dad grabbed my arm and told me I wasn't allowed to leave because they scored when I left. So he bottle had to wait ten minutes I stayed and watched it out.

Gundogan got the third into extra time. Dad was going on about how he new this was going to happen, I insisted it wasn't going to happen. Aguero had a shot miles off but it's still scary.

City got a free kick for the equaliser in the last extra minute, it took ages to set up, especially with Klavan coming on for Mane. Aguero headed it into the side netting and if he had put it the right side of the net, he was flagged off side.

We thought the ref was going to let it go on for another minute but he didn't, he didn't take too much longer before he ended it with us on top!

We just broke Man City! They are not unbeatable. They are not the invincibles. Our unbeaten run goes on, theirs does not. I know it's bad to enjoy it in terms of taking that from them and not so much the benefit it's done for us but it just makes it so much better that WE did that. I know they've got the title wrapped up already unless we've just begun a monumental fuck up for them while we're gonna have to fight all the way for one of the other three places but I feel ten foot tall and everyone in Liverpool should too.

We've gone up to third with 1 goal better than Chelsea. I spent the weekend worried that Spurs had caught us up and we were bound to drop points like I didn't think we'd not win but after the last time and with their run I did accept that it was a possibility which I don't often do. It makes those draws that bit more frustrating too though because we could've been up there in a strong second. Third is great though especially after thinking we'd be hanging on to 4th.

It'd be nice to see players come in without losing anyone else, in the window (or at least rumours so I have something to read) but with that I don't want us to go rushing into signing anyone just because we can because we're gonna be alright.

I can't wait for Match of the Day to see 4 of these goals again!

Next up Swansea away, Monday 22nd January 20:00

They have a new manager but they're still struggling, hopefully they won't find points from us, we've found a way to beat these teams, right?