Burnley 1-2 Liverpool

MotM- Dejan Lovren and Ragnar Klavan

(Don't get to reward the defence much so since they decided to attack, Klavan made up for being beaten in the air for the eualiser by making sure that goal was scored.He and Lovren did well in the tough conditions)

Seven changes and I don't feel any less confident in the team we put out.

Well if there's any evidence that results don't tell the story of the match it's this one and the previous one. Two of the same result, vastly different games.

I was fully ready to praise Burnley for fully earning the draw, we got lucky so I don't have to.

So Lallana, he's back as a starter and then he goes and denies Gudmundsson a run on goal. Was very impressive and needed to be just right or he's off. I'm glad there isn't video replays for that one cos he didn't get anything of the ball and should probably have been sent off. Thinking about it, maybe that's why everything else was going Burnley's way cos the ref gave us that one.

The second half of the first half (as the commentators called that part was horrendous. Burnley became strong for way too long and I was dead convinced they were going to be the ones to win this, they were so good. I refused to blame the 7 changes or the horrible driving rain because I know this team can do it or Klopp wouldn't have put them on. Klopp looked like it was the worst conditions to be stood around in.

Half time couldn't come fast enough.

Mane could've had a penalty, brought down by Bardsley, ref said no. Again, we don't deserve the chance to get our goal that way, it has to come from us.

I ended up following the game's feed on twitter more than actually watching, hoping our stream was kinda behind and it'd show we were about to see a goal. I was dreading having no goals and not much other than a barage of mostly wide Burnley shots to talk about. As soon as I decided this was definitely going to be nil nil, Mane stepped up, didn't he? Thank you Mane!

Trent Alexander Arnold sent in his cross. It deflected its way to Mane. He thunders a left-footer high past Pope from 18 yards. What a goal outta nowhere! Was already past the keeper when he tried to react. See Mane, you can do them, you don't need bicycle kicks and volleys and whatnot to produce something very special.

It was funny that dad said Mane was the most overrated Liverpool player then once he scored a few minutes later he was "good old Mane"

Liverpool have now scored 28 away goals in the PL this season, the most in the division. Twelve teams have currently scored fewer than that in total. Wow.

He soon almost followed up with another, flicking an Oxlade-Chamberlain corner onto the roof of the net.

Lovren managed to clear one onto the roof of the Bob Lord stand. How's that for out to safety? I loved that the camera stayed on it for a bit and the commentators talked about not wanting to get it down in this weather. It's not secondary school football, they can get another.

Vokes came on, didn't recognize his face but as soon as I saw his name I wasn't happy to see him. Firmino came on for Mane too though and I'm usually happy to see him.

TAA went for one of his strikes and oh my god how could Pope deny him that goal. He just clawed it away. What a strike that lad has?!

Alex OC was nches away from making it 2-0 and then Mignolet made a sprawling save to keep out Vokes' header. Agh where is our boring control?

Arfield off, Wells on - Lallana off, Milner on, oh there he is.

88 minutes and they score one of those shitty, our biggest foe kind of goals. A deflected cross from the left flicked on at the near post and headed in at the back post by Gudmundsson.He absolutely threw himself at that ball and went flying after.

Mum was the positive one saying we're gonna get up the other end and score again. I highly doubted it when it took an hour to get the first and it was something special and we don't do late goals.

We get a free kick. Alex OC was standing by it. I had no confidence in him taking it, don't know why other than being so convinced we weren't going to see another goal especially coming from so far out.  Lovren was fastest and won the header. Klavan's there to make sure it went in that bloody net and we win this horrible game of football. Lovren assist, Klavan goal, no one would believe it but it's happened.

Ragnar Klavan's goal for Liverpool is the first scored by an Estonian player in Premier League history.

Hey, we just scored an injury time goal! It's finally come. It really shows it's been a awhile by how much Lovren is losing his shit celebrating that goal.

It seemed to go on forever from scoring that goal to the ref blowing the final whistle. There was 30 seconds to go but there was time to put Matip on and other things. There were two whistles we thought were the final whistle before the actual final whistle. Just end this game already!!!

Forty eight hours, six points, we've officially won the Christmas period and now we're on to January and 2018! We may have been set back by a few too many draws earlier but look how we're improving. Two fighting to win games over two days and we got what we needed.

Next up Everton at home in the FA cup. Friday 5th January 2018, 19:55.

So excited for this one. I really, really hope we can batter them from really early on and towards the final minutes have a massive they haven't won a trophy... party. We just need to beat them (we don't have to batter them, if they want to go so big Sam style again, just beat them) both because we really need to progress in the FA cup and out of revenge for that stupid penalty/ draw. Salah and Coutinho probably won't be able to contribute though.