Songs to Sing...

Here we are at the end of the season in our 125th year. I've just read through last season's last post and  found it really comforting, for a start I'm getting on with it straight away.

I didn't sleep well at all I couldn't stop being angry especially at how people have treated Karius especially the person sat next to me and then I'd move my shoulder and get upset for Salah especially for the fact that he won't get to the world cup that he put Egypt into. I wish I could think about anything else.

Expectations

I said I was scared Klopp would go all out for the Champion's League at the expense of domestics so I guess that was my expectation but I guess it worked out quite like that. I said I'm pretty sure we won't win it unless teams like Real Madrid fancy a year off. I can't believe how a accurate my expectation/ prediction got, how close we got to THAT "something silver".

Songs

Last year player celebrations were huge, this season it's the songs from the stands. I would hate it if we ditched Allez Allez Allez because of Real. Bobby needs a song, a real one.

Jurgen Klopp

He's meant for this club. He's making players reach their potential. He's dragging our club into the future and back to the level that we're supposed to be at on the field and in having the best training ground/ academy and Anfield that we can have. He's even managed to change how we feel about FSG.

A second season securing 4th and another final in his second full season.

Captaincy

This season Klopp made it clear that captaincy doesn't mean much to him. It doesn't make players wanna stay. It doesn't change them. Either they're a leader or they're not. It's so great that Klopp's bringing in leaders so Henderson or whoever has the arm band doesn't have to be the new Gerrard cos that's completely unrealistic expectations. I think that's definitely allowed me to see Henderson as the player he deserves to be seen as.

Debuts

Well we bought Salah, Robertson, Alex OC and Solanke so they had their debuts. We didn't get to debut any kids, did we? Bench fillers like Masterson.

Injuries

This season we had quality rather than quantity again, especially towards the end. Huge distrust for back injuries after Coutinho and Can, especially when Can's suddenly okay in the final, again.

Matip's been out a long time I guess with his ankle. Alex OC doing his knee in. Salah's shoulder.

How to solve a problem like Sturridge?

We ship Sturridge off to Brom and he hardly plays because of injuries. I think it's finally time to accept it's time to cut our losses with him because he's not going to be a Klopp player and he's made of paper. I don't see how we can not sell him at this point so I just want to thank him for what he did give us and hope we can part ways n good terms.

Player of the season

I can't be bothered to count them all up like I did last season but I'm pretty sure the award has to be Salah's, probably with TAA close behind, so much love for those two.

Off the field, Mignolet at least on twitter (which is all I have to go by) he has been incredibly supportive throughout the season, every step of the way. I actually don't want him to go even though he's probably not gonna play and he's better than having to sit and watch someone have his place.

The 1 player who has to stay

There's no way I can pick just one. I said Coutinho had to go, we were far better without him but of course we were going to be with VVD.

On Salah people including myself didn't want to allow ourselves to enjoy him because he could move on or the goals could stop coming, surely that's meant to make us enjoy what we have rather than what might be.

The 1 player who has to go 

That's a difficult one this time. Moreno again if we can get a suitable replacement. Sturridge. Can, he's going so he can just hurry up about it.

Biggest shock

I guess Mane kicking City's goal keeper in the face so we lost 5-0, then being the ones to break their invincible season in the league, beating them both legs in Europe.

Salah scoring 43 goals, beating his the PL record, getting all of the awards. Relegation Robertson being bloody brilliant. TAA taking over right back and being great at it. We have a Scouser and he's here to stay.

Gini scoring away!

Domestic cups

I don't even remember the domestics at all other than West Brom and the mess that is VAR

Europe

What a ride we had in Europe, right to the final of the biggest competition. Hoffenheim, Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Maribor, Porto, Man City, Roma, we conquered them all.

We've made sure to be in it all over again. We don't even have to qualify, I'm hating the earlier kick off though.

Relegation

I couldn't see anyone who went down coming back up and they didn't, Sunderland went down again. I can't believe Crystal Palace survived after the start they had. West Brom, Stoke and Swansea.

Promotion

Brighton and Hove, Newcastle and Huddersfield stayed up and pretty comfortably.

The new teams are Wolverhampton Wanderers, Cardif (helped by our Grujic),  and Fulham joined them yesterday. I don't know anything about them other than Wolves and the FA cup, didn't wanna see them after that.

Advice to Klopp for next season

I don't think I have anything more to add, I can't believe any harder that he knows what he's doing so just keep doing it and getting better.

Next season

Bring in the players and do it all again. Something silver would be great but the memories aren't too bad either so bring us those.

The world cup is on it's way, I hate that it's in Russia with the way they treat women and LGBT and everything else, as much as I want to boycott we all know I'll end up watching.

I definitely don't have plans to write about it and I don't think I'm going to pick up LFC Forever either. There was so many times this season that I just didn't want to write this or enjoy doing it regardless of the result and whether we were playing at our best or not so I don't want to keep forcing myself to write like this, it's the same with my Oasis stuff but obviously there's no schedule that I have to do it after every match like this. It's going to be so strange getting to next season and not writing but it's time to just enjoy the footie.