Watford 3-3 Liverpool

MotM- Mohamed Salah

(he's settled right into his first proper game in red with earning a penalty and ensuring the next goal was scored)

Liverpool, I said no drama this time! You were just supposed to score a few goals and go home again! I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed...

First match and we're already two points down to "one of those teams", they were our three points. It sucks but at least we're right back into heart racing, exciting to watch footie.

We're supposed to have the first slot on Saturday to blow everyone's minds, to get the three points and go away preparing for the next one. Instead we've gone and let everyone laugh and see that we've still got the same old problems which it really doesn't matter if you 

I'm also happy though cos we did actually manage goals against a team like Watford without a single bit of perfect acrobatics needed so that's improvement. I think I'm just gonna talk about the positives cos fuck the negative, you've heard it all before and there's no point whinging.

I wasn't quite so nervous as I was starting last season, must be saving it, got more to be nervous about this season.

For most of the first half we looked like we were in no way ready to play football, I mean we've looked much less like we're playing football before than we did today but it was like where's the Liverpool that's bossed it throughout preseason. Where's the team who beat Athletic Bilbao a week ago? What have we been doing since then?!

(Speaking of, I never got around to writing about that match, kept saying I'll do it later and even today when I thought the match was at 3 for some reason because on the day I didn't feel that I could write about it cos the stream skipped so much I didn't know what was going on and I was also playing GTA. GTA is also to blame for abandoning the Lionesses' book two matches before they went out)

First corner conceded of the season, first goal conceded. I know I said I'd be positive but that's poor and what made it worse for me was Klopp having to tell them "chin up" like if he hadn't would that 7 minute action mean heads down, match lost on the first day?!

We have 20 odd minutes of pretending we're a bit shit before we kick into the right gear for some real dynamite football. A lot of work from Mane and Moreno, Can's flick and Mane's equalised.

Didn't last long though, did it?

I feel bad for Mignolet for the second goal cos everyone is collapsing around him and he still almost saved it with his shoulder and it may well have been offside but we just need to stop hoping it'll be ruled out and stop it going in in the first place.

Dad abandoned the game believing we wouldn't score if we played til Christmas. Once again I dunno why he still watches cos he clearly has no faith in the club at all! Went off to do some work in the garden.

Salah was desperate to get us back in the game but he kept mixing it up with rugby and skying it! All the gigantic, physical players must be confusing him.

Into half time Mane's had a go, Salah's had a go. Things are getting better if Watford's players would just stop dropping like flies and let us play!

Salah is legged over by the keeper who was nowhere near grabbing the ball. Penalty, penalty, Penalty! Took ages to point at that bloody spot.

Firmino steps up and I'm panicking. I'm going "I can't look, I can't look, I CAN'T LOOK! while staring closer and closer to the screen. Firmino made it look easy though and we're back.

Our turn to get one in 2 minutes later. Firmino crossed/ shot for a chip and Salah's there to make sure it's in that net and he follows it through.

He's got his first goal in his first match! I almost forgot to praise him for that because I watched all of preseason and took it so seriously that I just assumed it will be business as usual when it can take time to get into the actual season games. All he can do now is keep at it.

We should've gone up to 4 in pretty quick succession too but it wasn't to be. Moreno had a shot saved and the corner from that, Matip's header hits the bar! Neither of those two have luck like that! A bit later it's Lovren forcing a save. Gini has his chance set up for a proper away goal and it's wide.

I was going to praise Moreno and then I saw a stat that said he didn't manage a single successful tackle affirming my belief that he really doesn't like defending.

Time to just control. However that is not our game. Mignolet tries to take his time, gets booked. We keep control, we cut players off, keeping them in corners but we still end up conceding another corner and in comes the equalising goal. This one's definitely off side, I'm sure of it. He was behind even Mignolet but oh no it's hard to see cos of lots of players.

Watford are celebrating even while yet another if their players is down taking ages to get treated, we're certainly not celebrating.

Huddersfield are currently beating Palace 2-0, Klopp, you'd better go ask your mate how to do it, quick!

Next up Champion's League! Hoffenheimaway Tuesday 15th August, 19:45

Can't help but think we don't deserve Champion's League after today's performance

What d'you think about the sleeve sponsor?

Just I've seen Redmen TV commenters kind of kicking off about it a bit. I'm not arsed one little bit. I'm happy the gold colours go quite nicely with our kit and it's not some big horrible thing. I just don't see why people are acting like we've sold our souls when it's just like any other advertising that you don't actually notice except today cos it's new, would they rather us fall behind further with our spending power?