Brighton 1-5 Liverpool

I forgot to write this, sorry.

The u18s overcame a bout of illness, a sloppy start and a decent Sunderland side to march into the quarter finals of the Premier League Cup.

The ladies' match was postponed and the u23s play Stoke tomorrow.

MotM- Philipe Coutinho and (dad's) Simon Mignolet

(He assisted the first, had the balls to take that free kick and assisted Dunk's OG hat rick to finish the game. He had more shots, created more chances and completed more dribbles than any of his team-mates.)

I thought it was going to be harder than that to be honest.

We missed the first few minutes. We rushed to do the shopping and get back like Dad's usually really fast going round the supermarket but today, we didn't even buy anything frozen. Then there was a mad rush throwing pillows and stuff trying to find the STUPID controller, chaos!

So all that meant we didn't see the team sheet at all, trying to work out who's playing as we went. I knew Matip is out. I noticed there was a three at the back of , Can, Lovren and.. Gini. Why's Gini stood there?! TAA and who's that Roberton down the middle of the pitch. What's going on? I know Klopp's decided to shuffle the pack and use all the players but what is Gini doing at the back there? Dad thought Klopp had gone mad with the previous selections but if he hadn't then it looked like he had now!

Naturally for a first time defender it showed but luckily Brighton were happy to stay behind the ball.

We really liked goals in quick succession, didn't we? I suppose you could say Brighton didn't react well to seeing the balls in the net but I'd rather say we were just amazing.

Can had a thumping header from a corner and then a minute later Firmino finished after the Reds broke swiftly through Salah and Coutinho.79 seconds between those ones!

Dad started getting really annoyed at back passing and I'm like we're 2 up, three up, whatever. It's okay. I know it's frustrating and kinda boring when there's our attack waiting for it but there's also being calm and in control. They can't counter attack if we don't let them come anywhere near the ball.

At half time I had dinner did my best to rush but obviously there's only 15 mins so I was a little late getting back to watch. Dad was properly enthusing about a save Mignolet made, litterally said that 1 piece of action should give him MotM. I don't get to see it.

All I see is Firmino putting number three back in the net. Cos I was still stood up I jumped in the air at it. Seen it on match of the day now, yeah that was a pretty good save he got his body right in the way to stop Murry, for someone to hook it out for Salah to end up with it and take off running ready for Firmino to get there and bury it.

Apparently that's their first three goals conceded this season. We conceded 4 and 5 goals before newly promoted Brighton conceded 3!

I saw it live, I've seen it on a youtube video and I've seen it on match of the day and I still don't know why that penalty was given. Commentators said pushing but I don't see any. Okay so after a few replays Hendo and the Brighton player are pushing/ grabbing at each other a bit and then Hendo maybe touches his back when he jumps. Oh well I guess the ref decided the game was being too easy for us so he gave Brighton a chance to be in it more than attempting to stop us.

Mignolet got pretty close to saving it too so Brighton are very lucky to have that 1 goal.

TAA then got his foot in the way for a good save.

Coutinho went weaving as he does and eventually he gets taken down. Coutinho and Hendo were over the free kick and I was dreading the idea of Henderson taking it even though Coutinho already sent one over the bar earlier. Everyone's in the wall. It's the great wall of Brighton. Coutinho shoots, the wall jumps and it rolls home right from under them. Brilliant!

My brother needed picking up so Dad left after that cos 87 mins 4-1, it's done, right?

Wrong! Two minutes later (he probably wasn't off the street yet) the next one comes. Now I want it to be Coutinho's for a double of Brazillian braces but unfortunately Dunk's picked up a habit of scoring own goals. (three this season, us and both Mancs) Coutinho's shot was going in and he headed it in.

19 goals in 6 matches. Mane didn't play today. Salah was kinda quiet. That's madness, long may this form continue.

Now it's over.

A new record crowd at the Amex today for of 30,634, with 3015 in support of Liverpool. I can not imagine having to make that journey and back! However it seems Brighton has a stronghold of Liverpool fans of their own so I guess they definitely helped make up the numbers, we are literally everywhere aren't we?

I was not expecting that to be nearly as enjoyable. I didn't know how they were going to play. I didn't know much about them other than they topped the table last season until Newcastle took over and they've had some defeats in the PL but must be doing alright cos they're like 10th.

Typically for us though I assumed we were going to struggle against a newly promoted but apparently we seem to have dealt with the lower table issue which is great. If we have, we really are improving.

Next up Spartak Moscow, at home in the Champion's League, Wednesday 6th December 2017 19:45.

That pesky Champion's league group match.