Leicester 2-0 Liverpool

MotM- Phillipe Coutinho

(While he was on the pitch we were definitely gonna score, once he was gone we were playing a completely different game)

I didn't wanna win the Carabao Cup anyway, sounds shite, every time I try to say it it goes wrong and it's weird that the presenters/ commentators said it like it's always been called that. It's a competition too many and the easiest to write off so we did. We gave a different line up a go, we gave kids minutes, Sokanke's full debut.

Towards the end of the second half I came to the conclusion that Klopp said if you've not scored by whatever time especially if you go a goal down, sack it off. However I also know that Klopp would never say that or thing that even for a second. When I posed that theory to dad as a joke he was like well he wants sacking first thing in the morning then. NO! No way does he. I'm just baffled how we could've lost after that first half!

We were absolutely dominant. Robertson was putting in great crosses. Coutinho was getting so close. Solanke was getting so close (although dad did say to change his name because of his misses and I suggested Over-the-bar-lanke) too. The problem was we started doing the same attack over and over and Leicester had it covered.

We depend on getting the goals and whatever else happens, happens but even the goals seem to have gone away. All we had to do was put enough balls in the back of the net that we couldn't fuck it up in the second half and we didn't manage one. The roof of the net or the crossbar or the stand isn't where the ball is supposed to go!

We lost a lot in subbing off Coutinhio although we did gain in other ways by having Woodburn. Then Okazaki comes on after Ochoa manages to fall and hit his head. (I just somehow managed to paste the whole of the Liverpool Echo live feed page onto here, I only wanted to not have to type the two names I'm not familiar with!) The moment he came on it was game over. They went from having nothing to almost scoring straight away with him and he eventually got his goal.

Okazaki's there was no denying that goal but Slimani we're undone by a throw in again. Dad imediately made out like we're the worst

Gini gets replaced by Danny, Danny Ings! Woodburn gave him a great ball into the box but he'd have to be a contortionist to score it. Great to see him back.

Woodburn's shot went into someone's hands, the ref wasn't interested, Grujic ends one into orbit from outside the box and that's all folks.

Next up it's Leicester again! This time in the league. Leicester away, Saturday 23 September, 17:30.

Let's hope Klopp can't make it four outta four on Leicester defeats.

I don't wanna be negative, there's far too much of that, in fact there's enough of it from my dad alone. He's worse for it because he remembers in a boyhood nostalgia that I don't know, we just won every single match and no one ever even had a touch of the ball let alone scored against us and now we're the worst and a disgrace and whatever. You'd think we were in Crystal Palace's position (oh wait they're doing better than us now cos they're through to the next round which I had a proud moment when they said Sakho scored then realised they have two of them and it was the other one) or something. We've drawn a few more than we should've done, played Man City a man down and of course lost this one, that's all. We are not in a horrible position, yes we make mistakes, yes it's fucking annoying passing back/ sideways over and over but "running at em" and going even more gung ho would just make for more mistakes. We're just having a January again but in September, blame Mane! 

Let's just support our U23s instead, they're top of the league and have only conceded one goal in five games, imagine that!

Have you guys seen the new "pitch black" shirt? I can't make my mind up on it, although at £90 it definitely won't be coming my way so it doesn't matter what I think. It would be at home in my wardrobe though.