Newcastle 1-1 Liverpool

MotM- Phillipe Coutinho

(We needed his magic and he delivered)

The Ladies lost 3-0 to Reading. The u23s drew the same as us, not the best weekend we've had! Commentators said we've not lost in October in 7 years and I was like well that feels like the kind of record we'd go and break today, it's still standing though.

It was still so weird seeing Rafa as opposition manager. I don't think that's every going to feel normal to me.

Perhaps this relationship lead us to give him and his Newcastle too much respect. That's all I can come up with as an explanation, that or we are just not good and I can't have that.

I said we'll never win the league, this is a perfect example to prove my point. TOO many matches recently like the one today producing results like this, last season I was arguing no, no, conceding is fine cos we're just gonna score loads, we're doing the same just without the goals, where have the goals gone?! Sick of draws!

The old not being able to pass a ball came back strongly, even Mignolet got in on the kicking the ball straight out.

I was absolutely convinced it was gonna be Sturridge's day, especially after the presser had someone point out he's scored in the last 4 Newcastle games.

It was supposed to be Gini's day too, trick him into scoring away from home.

We just can't score rubbish goals, said it so many times recently. Why can't we just score one silly tap in, free header or anything else what should be easy and any player should put in the net?!

It's not like Coutinho can't also score those goals and what a goal that was but we had three attempts in 15 seconds (I think from a corner as well) and it ends up with Mane hitting the camera behind the net. I'll let Mane off cos his attempt was from a really wide angle but Lovren and I think Gini put it in the net. Mane hitting the camera was funny though cos dad pretended to dodge it and said it nearly hit us.

Once again we were too nice. We were playing against Jonjo Shelvey a man who we know loses his shit so easily and we didn't even try to wind him up. I get we want to do it the fair and honest way and Klopp believes in the purity and the beauty of the game but come on sometimes you need to mess with people's heads especially when you've got one waiting to go off.

Coutinho scored a beautiful, beautiful goal. It literally stunned us. There was a second of silence of seeing in over that white line before we realised we got to cheer it.

About 5 minutes later Newcastle go for a long ball. Neither Matip or Lovren or anywhere near close enough, Matip catches up but the best he can do is kick the ball back onto Joselu's leg for him to follow it as it made it's way into the net. That's as close to

With a draw in his hands Rafa turns on his tactical masterplan. There's no way we're finding the net now especially with all the bloody BACK PASSING!

The commentator was driving me absolutely MAD calling Matip Martin or Martip. I assumed they were talking about a Newcastle player at first but then it was very obviously Matip. I ended up basically acting out a scene of Only Fools and Horses in that tone except obviously Martin and Matip not Dave and Rodney. "Why are ya calling him Martin? His name's not Martin, it's Matip." It was winding me up more than the bad passes. He got close to saying it right once then went right back to Martin.

Even better, now we get to hold onto this for another international break! And come back to one of the biggest games in our season...

Next up Man United, at home Saturday 14th October 12:30.

That's 7:30 am in America, don't know how yous do it, I really don't. I woke up at 13:10 or something today, there's no way I'd make that kick off ever if I had to be in America. When it was on screen mum thought it was for here and asked if I'm getting up for that, I'm like no way am I ever gonna be up at that time, especially not on a Saturday!