Liverpool 5-2 Roma

Mo Salah won PFA player of the year! That's a big trophy! Is it really that weird to bring your friend/ captain to one of those things? Liverpool Echo seemed to make quite a deal of that.

MotM- Mohamed Salah

(Two goals and two assists. It takes balls to stand up against your old club and he's got plenty of them. I didn't want to go for Mo since he'll get all the praise anyway but clearly things went wrong without him)

I wasn't scared/ nervous for this one since it's the devil I don't know rather than the one I do know in City. I only knew and enjoyed what they did to Barca, we can't let them do it to us too.

There's no noise like the Anfield noise oh my god tonight, there's gonna be a lot of sore Scouse voices tomorrow! Every single opportunity Klopp was pushing them to keep it up and keep getting louder.

The linesman's flag kept falling apart, what the hell is that? How is that possible? He tried to offside with just the stick. No one's seeing your stick mate! The flag held up perfectly on the other side of the pitch, thank fuck!

The first 15 minutes were pretty scary. Roma had the possession, they were going on goal and then we clicked. And did we click tonight. That City player was right, long ball team, guilty as charged. It's like we really became one since he said it. Every ball over the top, we were in on goal and it was brilliant.

Oxlade-Chamberlain's probably done for the season. We did not need that. Pretty good tackle but at the expense of busting up his knee and being stretched off. He looked in so much pain, it's clearly serious so we're running out of midfielders. Enter a determined Gini.

One on one with the keeper, Mane fires over the bar. A minute later Salah teed him up but he's off target again. Mane finally scored but it was off side. I started to think it could be one of those kinds of matches but Salah had very different ideas to that.

A minute later Salah finally breaks the deadlock! Stunning strike of course. I wasn't sure how he'd react to playing against the old team, it turns out it's business as usual.

Salah sent his old team's keeper to the floor and had them chasing his ball as it found the net, yet another astonishingly assured finish. And just how impressive was Firmino's pass?

I was so happy we got to end the first half with the two goal lead because just the one wouldn't have been fair for the game we'd put in for all that time.

Mane got a tap in. What a ball that was from Alexander-Arnold, Salah timed his run perfectly and he was so unselfish to square for Mane. I was so relieved he got his goal after the misses. We may well have been giving our top score (8-0) a run for it's money if he'd gotten the first two chances too and did better with off side. Dad said he'd get a hat trick at kick off

Salah got out ahead, passed to Firmino and four was in the net. That forced Roma into two changes. Klopp was asked to compare himself to their manager, they both have glasses and like late subs, far too late in Roma's case. He was more stunned than his players!

Firmino scored from a corner. Oh my god, Roma had given up, their players hardly moved! The stream kept playing it about 5 times and every time it looked easier and easier. We couldn't believe what we were witnessing at all. We got to sing we won it 5 times louder and louder with the crowd each time it looped but we had to move on to a different stream.

I just couldn't believe that we could rip apart a professional football team, a champion's league football team to this extent. We just clicked and I just can't describe how good we were apart from the beginning and the end. We could've scored at least three more, easy. It was like the Roma players were hardly even there!

Salah was substituted and dad gave a full standing ovation in our living room. Ings came on and we lost our heads quite a bit. I'm really not sure how we managed to end on such a wobble after everything we'd done.

The commentators mentioned Klopp talking about Lovren's concentration when I read that article I was confused, what else could he be concentrating on if not the game they're playing right now?! He tried to head a ball, didn't get it and Roma got their consolation and the right to push on for more from that mistake.

I didn't see the penalty being taken at all. I saw a comment describing it as clean. That wasn't handball, Milner has arms, he was turning, they have to be somewhere. I wished we had Mignolet in the sticks for that moment. 

I feel so disappointed. I've gone from absolute disbelief for how much we were ripping them apart to feeling like we lost. We have a three goal advantage again, I shouldn't feel like this. We had to not concede those away goals and we let 2 in! I'm scared. 4-1 wasn't enough for Barca, 5-2 may not be for us. We're just going to have to go get some away goals of our own which is something we can do. We've booked the hard way again.

How are you feeling about it?

Next up Stoke City at home, Saturday 28th April 12:30. BREAKFAST!

We need those points to keep Chelsea and Spurs away but it's another one that needs to get lost or just move to any other time. Sorry Stoke but we just need to take the points and get that game out of our way so we can get right back into sorting out the Champion's League.