Swansea City 1-0 Liverpool

Gerrard and our U18s played their first Anfield game and lost to Arsenal.

Our u23s won 4-1 against Charlton Athletic in the premier league cup.

Cyrille Regis died in the week, at first I didn't really care cos he's a West Brom player and I didn't really know who he was by name so I didn't think he was relevant to me and then the moment I saw pictures I realised he was  one of the players from the documentary I watched a few years ago and I realised without him and the players around him, I couldn't have watched and loved so many of our players past and present.

MotM- Virgil Van Dijk

(It was so good to see him back, so much organising and he came close to scoring again)

The frustration of that has absolutely killed my belly. I tried to rush a jacket potato before hand and I've just felt worse and worse, you're not meant to clench your stomach so much. I was begging for some excitement so I'd forget about it, least every time I thought we're definitely not gonna score, we got past the defence and tired to prove me wrong.

I could've just turned it off and done something less stressful when that goal went in. That moment was the game done and it wasn't even half time. We weren't gonna score if we kept going on til next January. Firmino hit the post in the last seconds FFS and I don't know what happened to Lallana's shot from that, clearly didn't go in the net. It was so good to see Lallana and Danny, Danny Ings but they weren't gonna find us a goal either.

Swansea must have those anti Liverpool nets installed because we just could not get shots to go on target. The balls just kept pinging off in any other direction.

Only Liverpool could go from that game against the top to this against the bottom. I'm quite lost for words. We were so slow which is weird because there was some time early on that I complained we were putting too much energy in for too little pay off. Swansea knew we were going slow and did their bests to punish us for it. I'm kinda gutted the goal didn't come from one of those breaks rather than being that goal.

This isn't fair. We waited all weekend for this! All week I've thought about how we don't deserve to have the Monday night slot, we're better than that, whatever, it turns out we're not. Why do we ever even think about the title when we have games like this?!

I didn't laugh at Spurs' own goal although that was way more of a shock one than a laugh one anyway. I only watched McCarthy's leg break cos I'm sadistic/ curious like that, nothing to do with Everton, I was mostly confused by Rondon's crying tbh.

It's been a pretty shitty day and I'm happy for it to end now. Why Liverpool, why?!

Next up West Brom in the FA cup, back at home. Saturday 27th January 2018 19:45

This feels really bad timing for another one of those now. I don't think I ever mentioned this draw cos it's so BORING. I watched the draw, so excited to be the first ball out and then so deflated to have Brom out of every other team there. Hopefully we'll find our energy and go marching on in the FA cup under the watchful eye of VAR. I hope I don't have much to say about its debut at Anfield.

The ladies play Bristol City Women in the WSL a few hours before too but they've been on a break since the 8-0.