Liverpool 2-1 Leicester

I started playing GTA IV Ballad of Gay Tony half an hour before the match and kept playing until half time, funnily enough trophy hunting, wasting my time trying to get the dancing trophy when I just don't understand how to do it even after reading guides and watching videos. I was listening and watching whenever I wasn't getting shot at or whatnot but I obviously missed things. Missed the best half of action again, punished focusing on the second half and getting less action or less goal action anyway.

Right, please Liverpool I'm actually begging you now. Sort out your shit and stop conceding those goals! I'm tried of being scared of basically any action in the half with our goal in it. I know it's only preseason and you can't be perfect and defend absolutely everything but it's like an every time thing for us.

As soon as Leicester's goal went in, I lost it. I was like that's it, we're not winning this now.

Our Defense tried to agree with us as Leicester press to do more damage but somehow we survive and have an attack of our own.

Coutinho and Salah combine from the left. Salahfollows Coutinho's chipped ball in the box to nod past Schmeichel.

The commentators would not stop saying it was handball but it wasn't handball because there wasn't any intent to it. Stop trying to take away from Salah's goal! Typical Martin Tyler commentary!

Brilliant last-ditch challenge from Lovren to deny Vardy, who would have been through on goal, looks like someone's trying to impress. That would've terrified me in the season though.

Milner went off with a stiff thigh. Moreno came on and I felt like I'd been wrong to be so keen to see him leave but he was attacking and we all know he's pretty good went he comes to attack. He's an attacker that's been put at the back when we do actually need him to be a defender too.

Coutinho! Oh my word that was a goal. Right foot. Edge of the box. Top corner.The keeper's got no chance. Coutinho you're not meant to be scoring those until the transfer window closes!!!

I argued before the match with my dad about the Barca situation and you go and do that! He's said for ages that once Barca has come calling that's it he's gone. Please Barca, FSG, football gods, anyone who can make it not happen, make him stay. I was like Suarez bit someone to go, Coutinho's not gonna bite someone!" which is one weird line of argument. He can't go, I don't  

Apparently Karius wasn't entirely there with his decisions at first but he made up for it running at the  ball and making sure he got it when it came close.

Grujic went down and dad's majorly like "ugh get up, that was nothing" and even I'm like no  sympathy "that's why you should watch the women's game, there's none of that with them" he comes up bleeding and I'm like oh fair enough.

Kent after about 60 minutes, everyone else is like tired now, he's like nah and goes bombing it, delivering great balls but then THERE'S NO ONE THERE to put it in the net.

We work on our playing out the game and I'm going "happy triangles, happy triangles" in that Bob Ross "happy little trees" vibe and then they almost mess it up. You're just meant to be passing very safely away from your opposition, sure it's boring but it's much better than risking equalizing.

It was amazing to hear murmurs of singing you'll never walk alone as the match played out

I missed the trophy presentation. When the match was over I was like is there an actual trophy in the Asia Trophy? Dad didn't know and I hadn't seen one so I assumed no. I guess I underestimated just how serious everyone's taking this as a real thing I just thought it was business for Asian fans to see Premier League teams.

First thing I saw when I went on the internet after having dinner is the photo at the top. Damn I can't believe I missed this team's first trophy lift, gutted.

Having a Scottish player in our team and winning trophies is officially a real thing. We sign Andy Robertson, the very next day, trophy!

Next up Hertha BSC in Berlin 17:00Saturday 29th July 2017

Also just to plug my other book England play Spain tomorrow in the Women's Euros.