Maribor 0-7 Liverpool

I chose that photo cos I spent quite a bit of time trying to work out who were on the first banner but only really seeing Rafa's hair and then Shankly above him. Also it's a pretty nice group photo surrounded by traveling support.

So elsewhere the Ladies won 6-0 against Sheffield in a cup and then lost 1-0 to Chelsea in the league, the U23s lost to Derby but Danny Ings played 90 mins and Rhian Brewster helped England u17s win on penalties after no goals scored against Japan I'm glad I wandered off from that game. The u19s led by Gerrard won this match 4-1 earlier on.

MotM- James Milner

(He's clearly been the missing piece. He's massively underrated as boring Milner, he's not, he's shouty, Mr Reliable Milner)

GOALS! The goals are back!!! Finally the goals are back!

After the the United game I had a dream I was watching this game and we needed two goals, we got the first but didn't manage to get the second, this included an attempt that I don't think is physically possible for it to not go in, it hit the very inner part of the post and went bouncing right back out having never crossed the line. I was almost hoping it'd play out like that cos how freaky would that be? This is much better though.

Dad was feeling it would be 3-0 so if I wanted 2 and he wanted 3, we got our wishes very quickly.

Dear anyone about to play football, never, ever show confidence against us in interviews. Their manager was all like no English team wins here, well we're not English, we're Scouse but that's something else. Didn't he learn from Hoffenheim's manager?!

Milner. I saw someone on Liverpool's FB post of the team sheet hoping tat he has the best game so Henderson never ever starts again. I don't know whether that person's just still missing Gerrard or what but maybe they've got a point. Milner, the better captain?

The orange kit makes an appearance! We were discussing how it isn't a nice kit which yeah, eww it's orange. My mind was quickly changed. Maybe we should've used it more often already cos it took four minutes to score the goal we've been searching for, for AGES.

Salah's in a lot of space, running at the goal, please don't let him mess it up, let it go in. He sets up a close range finish from Firmino. OH my, Firmino's scored!

Mum got in front of the telly in the lead up to that goal and so took credit for making it happen. I told her to come back a few minutes later if that was the case but there was no need.
Maribor have already gone from nervous to scared. They couldn't keep or hold the ball at all, they couldn't defend and they had very little hope of troubling Karius. I love that he always gets games where he gets to stand and watch, it's not fair he's getting paid to watch Liverpool play! He did have one or two comfortable saves to make in fairness.

Salah play Milner down the side and his cross is met by Coutinho to beat the keeper. That's two.

We can only keep going in one way traffic. It's speedy traffic. It's direct traffic. Maribor better keep their heads down, they might as well go home already!

Salah with the third after a clever pass from Firmino. That's three in twenty minutes and the front three all with goals.

That's the 3rd time we've scored 3 goals as the away team in 1st half in Europe - the others being Dundalk in 1982, European Cup and Levski Sofia in 2004 in the UEFA CL.

Now who scored number 4, was it Firmino or was it Salah? UEFA decided Salah. BT Sports kept showing basically the same angle and deciding they couldn't tell. I say they both get there together and it really didn't matter. 

They don't like extra minutes in the UEFA Champion's League, do they? There was none at half time again, not that we need them. Tonight is the very first time have scored 4 away from home in Europe in the opening 45 minutes. Also The first time since December 2006 have scored 4 1st half goals away from home, it was 4-0 up and ended that way at Wigan in league.

Will we stick like we did with Wigan. Well we certainly can't park the bus. That just isn't an option at all.

Just less than 10 minutes into the second Firmino's there for his brace or his hat trick depending on how number 4 was. He scored a back flick header after the keeper clawed away Coutinho's left wing free-kick.

That's two players on for a hat trick. WTF, seems forever since we've had people scoring now we've got people fighting for the match ball!

We swap around our subs. Alex Oxlade Chamberlain gives Salah his well deserved rest. Then Sturridge for Firmino. They won't be fighting for that match ball then. Apparently Micheal Owen was happy to see them go off so they didn't join him as a hat trick scorer and I was just thought how weird it is that he used to be a Liverpool hero and now he's either a massive turncoat or just boring. Then Solanke for Wijnaldum.

Sorry Gini for telling the BT sports commentators not to hold their breath when they suggested we were scoring so easily that you might even break your away from home issue, was just being honest.

Things settled down quite a bit. Are we going to get goal number six, nah probably not, 5 is probably enough to call it a day. Let's save Maribor's face a little bit.

We've equaled our record away win in Europe (Knattspyrnufélag Reykjavíkur 5-0 in 1964, Crusaders 5-0 in 1976 and Haka 5-0 in 2001), we've probably done enough so I don't mind if we have to boring this match out, just please don't lose concentration and go and score.

Alex (Not TAA) picked up the poor keeper clearance, beat a defender easily but the shot was saved. That would've been an embarrasser if things can get much worse for Maribor.

I was desperate for Sturridge to get 100, AGAIN. I was actually angry at him for a second when he passed to Alex even though it was a very smart thing to do. I can't help thinking old Sturridge would've had the confidence in his legs to keep running at make that his but who blames him after he injured himself running and scoring in preseason.

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain!!! He gets the ball from Sturridge and sends it home. Wonder if opinions will change on him now? He's slowly becoming the player we saw in him whence bought him and he's not cursed! That's a record broken, he's a Liverpool in Europe record breaker!

Trent Alexander Arnold scored!!! I turned to mum to be all excited about it and I couldn't manage to say his name at all, accidentally said Alex  Oxlade Chamberlain cos there was definitely an Alex part of the name I was meant to be saying.

That's his second European goal! He fired it in low from the edge via deflection off an arm. That goal shocked me most like wow where did that come from and 7 we just scored SEVEN?! And it's the Scouse lad that ends it. What a night!

I'm still shaking. What did I say? More of the 7, less of the 2 and we went and bloody made it happen!

We're top of the group. We're goal record breakers. We kept a clean sheet. 13 shots on target, 3 not to 1 and 1. 6 out of 7 were scored from INSIDE the box, we went inside the penalty box and scored amazing but simpler goals and smashed a team. Don't you just love it when we score so many that news websites can't keep up.

Next up Tottenham Hotspurs, away (at Wembley) Sunday 22 October, 16:00

Let's go to Wembley and see more of the same. If only it was old Wembley then I could've said it's Anfield South anyway.

I've ran the battery out on my laptop, (oops it's not gonna be happy with me tomorrow when I'm getting it to play interviews and redmen TV stuff and of course the goals) so I'm going to leave this here.