Man United 2-1 Liverpool

Andy Robertson made a charitable kid's day by sending him Firmino's shirt, cos no one wants a left back's shirt. I never believe the players have much more involvement in those kind of things than the

The u23s lost last night at Anfield, 2-1, I was hoping so much that that wasn't an omen. Every time the U23s play the same team the day before we produce that score again.

Well my confidence was misguided. I went into that believing that it was just going to be a matter of getting the ball past David De Gea which is no easy task.

I'm gonna blame dad for that. United was settling into their usual, we're not gonna play football, we'll let you try to play around us crap, with Sanchez being all frustrated like but this is the football and I wanna play it. Dad commented that this was boring and I was like yup, Rashford bloody heard though, didn't he?

This is what I get for being somewhat nice about him in the past. I was stunned by that first goal but it goes against everything I've ever known to praise someone from that club so I'm not gonna.

I think it was such a shock that United were actually deciding to play football for the first time in at least two seasons that we didn't know that do do with it and we were awful because of that. We went through the whole game like it was business as usual and we could do our sleek little passed and all that, no there was always someone there to block it out.

There was no way, even with our thousand corners that we were ever going to score and get back into the game, that was very clear to me from the moment the first went in but especially with the second.

I really don't want to pick out our players but the back line, even Van Dijk weren't doing the right things and we couldn't even get the ball to the front three most of the time for them to even try something.

The ref was shite blowing his whistle at everything we did but then not seeing United players going in with two feet, holding onto Salah in the box, shoving people in the box, someone grabbed Solanke's throat/ jaw and as usual that's all fine. I wouldn't have been so bothered if it wasn't for remembering Lovren conceding a penalty for just putting his hand on that Everton player. How can there be so many clear one rule for one, one rule for another all the time?!

I was like can we please just score one so we can have that but we didn't even score that one. Mane crossed and Bailly put it in the back of the net for us. That would've made a come back just that bit more enjoyable. Game on right?

It made for an exciting extra six minutes which was pretty much nothing but corners. We clearly need to put more work into scoring them. Out of like 15 or whatever it was, one of them should've been at least challenging the keeper.

How am I supposed to kill time reading the Liverpool Echo all week when it's gonna be going on about this match?! Until the CL draw on Friday of course.

Next Watford, at home, Saturday 17th March 2018, 17:30.

It's mother's day tomorrow, I got a card from Godkid which came when I started writing this, love it and it distracted me from  the result, then realised I had to go get a card, me brother bought ones that are crazy expensive so I'm back to being mad.