Liverpool 4-1 West

The u18s, Gerrard's team won their UEFA game 2-0 against Man United and play Man City in the next round. They won 2-1 earlier today against Wolves.

The ladies won 3-1 against Sunderland for Casey Stoney's last game.

The u23s play Stoke tomorrow.

Not Liverpool but a result I enjoyed quite a bit, Wigan knocking Man City out the FA cup, watched from about 70 mins. Wouldn't have guessed City were a man down if it wasn't for the little red square on the score thing.

Firmino has been declared not to have said some racism which we all knew anyway but obviously it's good to have that over with. I like that there were jokes about how well Firmino's written English has come along because of his statement thingy as if he actually had involvement in writing it

He won Standard Chartered Fans' Player of the Month for January- do they announce that this late or were they waiting for that to be over first? I didn't get why he was wearing some kind of white shirt and then the home kit top, it's not usually necessary to wear the shirt is it? It looked odd!

I had a dream that we won this game 3-1, they scored we got a penalty and then we score 2 more after half time. Close but reality is better.

MotM- James Milner

(He bore the brunt of the physicality. Lovely early pass to allow Firmino to set up Salah. Looked to get forward and involved in a thunderous challenge with Noble on the edge of the West Ham box)

It's been so long but we're back!

Salah almost broke the deadlock on 2 minutes 30. It just hit the bar and came right back, great start. What a pass that is from James Milner. Weighted perfectly for Firmino, who tees up Salah. The Egyptian's left-footer bounces back off the post with the keeper beaten. It was a great sign of things to come.

Arnautovic got too close to scoring. Karius had to hit it off the bar.

Milner went down for a while after a big challenge with Noble on the edge of the box as the Reds man looked to get a shot away. Noble was very lucky not to be penalised for that challenge on Milner, his studs were showing and it would have been a free-kick 20 yards out. We have a physical game on our hands.

It took half an hour for Liverpool to break the deadlock. Can had a free header from Salah's corner and that's goal 100 for the season.

Salah soon could've made it 2 with his head from a brilliant Robertson cross but he missed.

Can went down injured after an aerial challenge.

We were singing Luis Suarez's name at Patrice Evra and booing him. I didn't know how to feel about this essentially bringing up links to a racism case after the one with Firmino just closed, it felt quite uncomfortable although I didn't mind the booing but when did we become a team that boos ex players of certain clubs like that?

Karius had another good save of Arnautovic's shot. Van Dijk clears the corner and Robertson fouled by Collins as he broke. He got a yellow. He had a bit of a tantrum about it, would've been funny to see him get sent off from it.

At half time someone came to deliver some flowers for Mum's birthday. I'm on my own so I assumed he was a burglar and then was so awkward when I answered I had no idea what to say at being given random flowers. He saw my shirt and said it was good to see the liverbird. Normal people would agree and tell him the score I was just quiet

Second half, we clearly need more than the one goal so we scored two in pretty quick sucession. First Salah doubles Liverpool's lead.Massive credit to Oxlade-Chamberlain for the part he played,he held off Kouyate and Noble before playing in Salah for him to finish ice cold. Left foo of course. Salah has scored 20 goals with his left foot in the Premier League this season, the most by a player in a single season in the competition's history.

Then Can pounces on a mistake from Mario and clips a pass through to Firmino, who gets there ahead of the on-rushing Adrian and rolls it into the empty net.Brilliant goal again and another where he went for a no look, cheeky!

Three is too comfortable so we had a wobble and let them score. Can was out-muscled by Kouyate and Antonio scored. He had only been on the field for a few seconds.

We get our composure back and can only go after a 4th.

Mane got clean through after more great work from Oxlade-Chamberlain but he goes and hits the post! How did he even manage that when he had the whole net to aim at?!

He likes giving a warning shot first because he soon followed it up with a goal. Robertson assisted and Mane followed the ball in taking it over the keeper.

Firmino is off for haircut 20, I mean Lallana. (There was a band in the 80s called Haircut 100, stupid joke.) What was the point of his Alice band stage if he was just gonna cut it off and have the same hair cut as he had before?

Mane and Salah then went for Solanke and Moreno.

Solanke tried loads to be at the right place at the right time to add to the goal scoring but it still wasn't to be for the lad.

We're second in the league, for today. Moyes has still never won at Anfield. Great weekend.

Now if City would just lose or draw all their games and we carry on winning ours, Salah'll get his wish sooner than we all think. 

Next up Newcastle at home, Saturday 3rd March 2018, 17:30

I can't believe it's gonna be March already. And it's time for Rafa to come home again.

Perhaps he could have a quick share of all of his 04/05 secrets with the boys.