Emalf x Child! Reader ~Safe~

(Always found someone like Emalf interacting with a kid somewhat cute so i wanted to write about it :3)

(Listened to this while writing)

You were sitting at the top of a cliff, looking down onto the flame world with a emotionless look inside your orbs. You were far away from home and you had nowhere to go so you just sat there, continuing to look down at the demons who were oblivious that someone was watching over them.

Suddenly you heard something or someone walk up the same way you came to the cliff, making you stiff and look to the direction where the sound was coming from. There wasn't really anywhere to hide so you didn't bother to try either.

You saw a boy which was clearly older than you, looking at you the same way you were looking at him. You both seemed to be surprised that someone was actually up here. That was your meeting with your current care taker Emalf!

After your sudden meeting he took you with him, feeling a little bit of pity when he saw what condition you were in and that you didn't have anywhere to go either. Luckily the devil he worked for saw potential within you, making him want to keep you for future training.

He was nice to you and it felt like he tried his best to make you trust him and he took care of you whenever you needed him. It was odd that someone took care of you like this. Even if it was his duty to do so it still felt very weird and off in some way but it was no surprise.

He tried to make you talk to him about your past, seeming curious about where you came from but you never said anything particularly important and interesting to him. Even if he was the one who actually saved you still were very careful about what you talked about to him. Plus he seemed like he had his own problems.

Recently he have been thinking a lot and you already guessed he had a crush on someone. His daydreaming every three days made you guess that. Plus that you were present at that time he had captured the girls. You felt bad for the flame demon which was suffering for the green haired girl.

But you couldn't do much about it expect for being more open about the things he questioned you about and just being more nice to him which he also noticed. He didn't comment on it though.

Night had once again come around and you had trouble sleeping. After some time you finally fell asleep but instead of having a peaceful slumber you had a nightmare instead, making you wake up in cold sweat. You couldn't help but to let out some tears fall down your F/C eyes. You sat up in your small bed, taking deep breaths as you tried to calm yourself but to no use.

You decided to shyly walk out from your room and walk over to your caretaker's room instead, hoping he can calm your nerves down. After a minute or two you were in front of his room, knocking onto his door softly. You heard a noise as you saw a surprisingly awake Emalf looking down at you.

"What are you doing up this late?" he asked as you shifted your eyes softly to the ground. "I had a nightmare..." you said quietly. "Can i just stay with you for a little while?" you asked him, giving him the puppy dog eyes. He looked at you for a while as he tried to resist but in the end he couldn't and said in defeat. "Alright, fine".

You walked into his room with a victorious smile placed on your lips which he didn't know off. You crawled up onto his bed, making yourself comfortable as your caretaker closed the door and joined you in the bed. "What did you dream about?" he asked you. You shifted your eyes onto the ground as you got a sudden memory from the nightmare. "It... it was about..." you trailed off softly as you tried to find the words you were looking for but to no use.

"You don't need to talk about it if it's hard" he simply said. Your eyes shifted back to him as you smiled thankfully. "Thank you Emalf" your kind voice said, making him look away slightly. "Eh, it's no biggie" he spoke. Silence filled the room as a sudden thought came into your mind.

"Hey, can you take those shades of?" you asked hopefully, making the fire demon get caught of guard by your sudden question. "no effing way i'm taking this off" he said defensively, making you pout your lips in sadness. "But come on~ I have never seen you without them and plus it's not even sunny outside" you complained as you saw him shook his head viciously. "No way" he said firmly.

"Come on! Just for some minutes and i won't talk to anyone about it i promise!" you bursted out. You guessed he was actually thinking about it due to the sudden silence from him. "Alright, just for a little while..." he mumbled out, defeated once again by you. "Yay~" you happily said, excitement filling your body as you reached out for his shades. Your tiny hands pulled them down carefully as your own eyes widen by the sight.

You honestly thought he just wore them to look cool but now you saw this wasn't the case. His eyes were very feminine and in your opinion you found them very cute. You stared at them for a while, making the demon feel his cheeks growing hot due to the constant staring and embarrassment he felt.

"You should stop covering them" you said as you stared into his hazel and feminine eyes, only seeing how pretty they really were. You could tell that your caretaker was a flustered mess due to him not being used to get compliments about his eyes and that he didn't show them to anyone, making him feel nervous about his shades being in your tiny hands.

He had a extra pair but still, something about this situation made him feel so nervous. "They are really pretty so you shouldn't feel ashamed about them" you said as you smiled

He was at lost of words. You gave him his shades back as you saw how uncomfortable he was without them but you saw him place them onto his nightstand softly. "It's no use having them on when you have already seen them, plus we are going to bed" he said. "we?" you asked as he nodded. "You had a nightmare, right? Don't want ya to go to sleep alone and get another one so you have to wake me up" he simply said as he laid down onto the bed, giving you some space beside him. "Alright!" you chirped happily as you laid down beside him, smiling happily.

"Hey, can i ask you something?" you spoke tiredly. "Mm" was the only response you got from him. "Can i maybe call you... big brother?" you asked quietly. Silence once again filled the room but after some time you heard a final response from him. "Sure" he simply spoke as you felt happiness blossom within. "Thank you!"