Licorice x Devil! Child! Reader ~Candy is the best medicine~

Requested by: Mariinkat

(listened to this)

You were running playfully around in the big forest, playing happily as you jumped around and climbed on the trees. You liked playing around in the forest since it was a ton of fun to be there! You could do so much in it so of course you spend most of your days there.

People would probably want someone to be there to protect you from dangers but you could take care of yourself quite good already. Plus you weren't alone right now either. You were actually playing with your good friend called Licorice! He was also a devil child like you but unlike you he could actually change into adult form! Plus he was also much stronger than you. So you both playing around in the forest alone was no threat to both of you.

So what were you both doing in the forest? Well you both were currently having a play date at his place since your parents were away, making Licorice ask his mama if you could spend the day and the night his place. The flame devil agreed since he actually fancied your parents and he and your parents got along quite well.

It made you really happy and excited since it was a long time you both had meet and you liked spending time with him. You would describe him as a little apathetic sometimes but nonetheless it was fun to be around him and you could tell that the demon liked to spend his time with you. He thought it was fun when you visited.

"Y/N, I think we should get inside now" he said, tapping your shoulder from behind which made you jolt up softly. "Lico! Don't scare me like that" you said. "sorry" he apologized. "Anyways, let's go" he said and you nodded, walking beside him back to his castle.

With that you both went into his room not before you both took as much candy you both could and carried it back to his room without anyone noticing. Like that you and Licorice started to munch on the sugary stuff, feeling like you both were in paradise. "You always have so much candy Lico" you said as you were eating some (fav candy)

"You think so?" he asked and you nodded. "My mama and papa doesn't like that I eat candy" you said. "Really?" he asked, almost feeling surprise inside of him. "mhm! They really are meanies sometimes" you mumbled sadly. "But I'm glad I can eat as much candy as I want here!" you said, smiling brightly to the black haired demon.

Licorice looked at you as you continued to eat your heart out which he really didn't mind to be honest. He kind of felt sorry for you since he didn't know what to do with himself if he weren't able to eat candy at least once a day. Plus you were his friend to. He didn't really see so many people as friends but those few people that he considered friends were people he held dear to him.

Soon night came and you both went to sleep early since the day has been exhausting for you and him. With that you both slept quietly until you woke up hastily, your eyes widen from fear. Your eyes looked down onto your bed as you put your hand against your face. And after that shock came the tears. You had another horrendous nightmare

Sadly this was common for you right now. So you just laid down onto your bed and continued to cry, very quietly though since you didn't want to wake him up. That was already too late though since he had already woken up.

He sat up and walked over to your weeping form. "Y/N...? Did you have a nightmare?" he asked and you nodded. You felt him sit onto the bed beside you and suddenly you felt him lay down. Without another word he pulled you closer to him and also changing into his adult form to, making it easier for him to hold you. "It's okay, it was just a nightmare" he simply said. He felt you nod against him and he pulled the blankets over you both.

"You have to remember that, okay? They are a bit scary but they are just like any other dreams" he said. He rubbed your back softly in an attempt to make your tears stop streaming down your face and to calm down your breathing since you were hyperventilating.

After some time though he managed to calm you down, making him slowly turn into his child form again. "L-Lico" you said quietly and he looked at you, trying to soften up his look. "Can you sleep here tonight?" you asked. The black haired demon hesitated for a bit but he nodded.

"Thank you" you said, closing your eyes slowly and carefully. He smiled softly at you and cuddled up a little bit closer to you just to make you feel sure that he was still there beside you. He first let you fall asleep and when he was sure that you were asleep he fell asleep to.

Soon morning came and the black haired demon was the first one to wake up. He saw you still were asleep and he decided to let you get as much sleep as you wanted. Soon though your parents came to pick you up.

So you packed your things and walked over to them as they talked to the flame devil for a bit. As you waited you decided to give Licorice a hug which he returned back, a little bit flustered to be honest. Then you and your parents went home.

So you walked into your room and unpacked your bag until you saw an unfamiliar plastic bag was packed under all your clothes and belongings. You took it and opened it only to see a lot of different variations of candy were packed in it along with a letter. You opened it and smiled brightly when you read it.

"Your welcome"

~Licorice

(I feel so happy and blessed that in this world there is a picture of Baby! Lico)