Overprotective! Yagi x Daughter! Subordinate! Reader ~I forgive you~

Requested by: -Hinatai-

(well, i feel really bad that you got to wait for so long but i hope you like this! And that it isn't to OOC ;w;)

(listened to this while writing)

You were working as a subordinate which wasn't a bad job. It gave you a great pay and the work itself wasn't so bad. You patrolled most of the time which was a bit boring but you couldn't really control that since a certain someone was controlling your schedule and such.

You boss was also no other than your father, Yagi. He was the one who suggested that you could work with him and you took it since you knew that you wouldn't get fired nor get any complains since your father was the one in control. So you thought it was a great idea! 

Until he got a bit to controlling over you. It was really surprising how he became. He wanted to know exactly were you were, why you were there and what you were doing. He kept an eye on your schedule and anytime he could come and visit where  you were he gladly took that chance.

The only thing you most of the time got to do was go and patrol. You weren't allowed to look after potential dangers and if you were you had to go with someone else, preferably Yagi himself. It was exhausting and it made you feel like a baby all over again.

Then again he wasn't even like this when you were younger! It was now when you started to work with him he all of a sudden got so controlling in your opinion. You wouldn't lie if it wasn't a little bit annoying, especially when he would just come out of nowhere without you even knowing it.

You loved your father a lot. You and him were always close and you both got even more closer when you decided you wanted to stay with him instead of your mother. So you both have always had a great bond with each other and he trusted you 100%. 

Or that was what you thought until he became this controlling. You thought that your father trusted you but if he was acting like this then it just proved you were completely wrong. I mean he wasn't like this with Jork! 

You huffed a bit as you kicked some leaves, walking as usual around the pitch black world as you held your arms over your chest. You got even annoyed when you thought about this! You sighed loudly as you leaned your back against the tree, looking up at the sky with a hint of irritation coursing through your body.

You stiffened a bit though when you heard something come this way. It was distant but you could hear it clearly. You walked away from the tree, looking at the path patiently as you continued being on your guard.

You suddenly sighed even louder when you saw a familiar figure walking over to you. Your stiff body relaxed and you turned your body towards him. "Father? What are you doing here? Let me guess you are checking on me again, right?" you answered your own question with a hint of sarcasm in your voice.

Your father sensed this immediately and he also saw your irritation in your eyes. "Is something bothering you?" he asked. You crossed your arms over your chest as you looked directly into his eyes, even if you didn't see them. "Well, it's a bit annoying when you come here all the time" you said.

You didn't know what emotion took over but you saw he got stunned for a bit based on his body language. "You weren't this controlling when i was younger and you aren't like this with Jork either, so what's going on?" you asked. 

Your father was quiet for a bit, making you feel even more irritation form inside you. Instead of saying anything though you just continued to stand there, waiting for him to answer you. "You don't understand, huh?" he asked, making you raise a eyebrow.  "Understand what? That you have become controlling?" you asked.

"Do you really think that way?" he asked, you hearing him sigh. "Well, i guess i have come of as that, right?" he asked. You just nodded as you narrowed your eyes to the ground. "You weren't like this before so it feels like you can't trust me working like this" you said.

"it's not that i don't trust you, it's not that at all" he said, making you raise your eyes to him again. "It's just it's your first time working as a subordinate and it can be a dangerous job so i just wan't to make sure that you are safe" he explained. Your irritation suddenly disappeared a bit as you let your arms fall down to your sides.

"B-But you know that i can protect mys-" "But if you had a daughter, that you have seen grown up, that you have seen been happy, that you have spend so much time with, would you think that she could take care of herself if she was in the position you were in?" he interrupted.

 You were taken aback. He had never been this honest with you before so of course it made you suddenly surprised. "I just don't want anyone to take you away from me" he ended. "I was honestly worried that you wouldn't even want to be with me ever since your mother and me separated but when you told me that you wanted to be with me i was very relieved" he explained.

Okay, you felt like the bad person here. You had misunderstood your father completely which made you look away in shame. "A-Ah... well... i'm sorry for being so passive aggressive towards you recently..." you apologized quietly. You didn't see it but Yagi was smiling slightly at you. "it's okay, you didn't know" he spoke, making you look at him once again. "But still..." you mumbled quietly, feeling slight guilt and shame overcome you.

You suddenly saw your father walk over to you and hugged you very softly, making you widen your eyes slightly but after some seconds you hugged him back. "It's alright, i forgive you" he said, making you only nod against his chest as you felt your shame and guilt wash away slowly.