Reficul x Cursed! Griffin! Reader ~Old Friends~

Requested by: Nat-The-Black-Cat

(listened to this)

How could this happen? You didn’t understand at all. You thought you did everything right. You were obedient, you didn’t talk back and you always followed orders. So why…? Why did this happen? You didn’t understand. Were you really that big of a mistake?

Your wings hung low when you thought about this, your body still aching from all of that running you had done. You just wanted to be alone so you ran, ran, and ran until your legs gave up on you, since you were completely new to this body that was also a reason why it hurt so much.

Your god had turned their back on you and had told you that you were a mistake, that you should have never been created. They told you were imperfect and after that your god had put a curse on you which had turned you into a griffin.

Your body hurt and when you tried to talk the only thing that would come out from your mouth was incoherent words. It made you feel the purest and the strongest form of misery. Not only because of this form that you had forcefully been put on but also because someone you looked up to, someone that you held dear could say such cruel things to you.

But in the end even how much sadness and misery you felt you couldn’t do anything about it so you decided to just get used to it and try to look for a way to break the curse. Just like that you had spent many, many years trying to live like this and also find a way to break the curse. Sadly you hadn’t found anything to your help and you felt completely and utterly lost. You didn’t know what to do. You couldn’t talk so you couldn’t even get help from someone else. It was saddening

One day though you finally had found some water at a very big pond so you peacefully and quietly drank it, not hearing soft footsteps getting closer and closer to you. After some time though you heard them and you quickly turned your head, seeing a familiar figure standing there.

‘Reficul?’

You thought, looking at her with widen eyes. The white haired devil looked at you with a slight puzzled look on her face. “A griffin? You don’t’ see them a lot nowadays” she said, taking a step forward but you took a step back. “Hm? I’m not going to hurt you” she said. She took another step forward but this time you stood still and let her approach you. You felt her hand gently place itself on your head as she looked into your eyes. She stared at you for a while, looking directly into your E/C orbs and you looked into her red ones. Suddenly she said something you haven’t heard in a long, long time from anyone.

“Y/N?” she asked, you hearing a small amount of disbelief in her voice. You were surprised for some seconds until you eagerly nodded, making the devil take a step back. “It is you?” she asked as you nodded once again.

“I’m surprised, I didn’t think I would see you again” she spoke. “But who did this to you?” she asked. You looked up onto the sky and Reficul did the same until she saw you look onto her again. “A god?” she asked and you nodded. “Was it your god?” she asked and you nodded. She looked at you for some time, seeing the sadness inside your eyes as you looked down onto the ground.

“It’s okay Y/N, I’ll help you” she explained, making you whip your head up to meet her gaze. “I think I know how to break this curse of yours” she said. “Follow me” he spoke and you walked beside her, feeling all of this being very surreal. Almost like a dream.

She looked up onto the moon and you did the same. “It’s good that there is a full moon today” she said, making you look at her with a puzzled look but the devil didn’t say anything about it. You both continued to walk until you both had arrived at a big, big lake. The lake looked starlit and magical in your opinion, nothing you have seen before.

“You have to wait here for a while, I’ll be back” she said, teleporting to her castle. You did what you were told, you waited for a while for her to come back and after some time she did. You saw her carry something in her hand, an amulet of some sort.

She walked over to you and placed it around your neck. “Now, the only thing you need is to walk in the lake” she started. “You have to walk towards the moon and you have to dive into the water or this won’t work” you listened closely to what she said; wondering if this simple thing would actually work. At the same time though you felt a powerful aura surround this amulet she gave you. The aura was almost god like...

So with that you walked into the lake, Reficul watching you closely from behind. You carefully placed your paws into the water and when you were deep enough you dived into the water, like the devil told you. Reficul waited patiently for you to get up, watching the water closely.

And finally she saw something come up, a familiar figure get out from the water. You looked on your hands and down on you. The sight made a big smile form on your lips and you basically ran out from the water, towards the devil with tears streaming down your face.

“T-Thank you so much Reficul!” You said, burying your face onto her shoulder as tears of joy flowed down your eyes. “I’m so grateful for you” you said. The devil stood there motionless, looking at you with her normal neutral look inside her eyes until she placed her arms softly around you.

“no need to thank me, I just did what old acquaintances would have done”