Kcalb x Neko! Reader ~You are allowed to be happy~

Requested by: -Small_Cupcake-

(i'm sorry this took so long! ;w; I've been super busy and i kind of had writer block so i'm so sorry!)

(listened to this while writing)

You have been in this world for a very long time now, staying by the devil side for as long as you could remember. You were one of the oldest pupils he has ever had. He didn't really  see you as that though. He saw you more of a old friend to him. You saw him the same which made the relationship between you both very easy-going.

Well it had turned easy-going lately since not a lot happened around the calm world you were living in. The war between the god and the devil was over for a long time ago and it had gone a couple of months after the invasion from the flame world.

You wished something interesting would happen again. Not that you enjoyed  war and destruction but nothing interesting was happening! Everyone was going with their day to day life as usual. The devil seemed to spend more time with the god and Arbus and Ater was nowhere to be seen as usual.

It was odd though. To think that Kcalb would have a interest with his enemy from the past. You laid on the grass softly, plucking some grass from the ground as you continued to let your mind wander. You were happy that they had grown close. You were very happy about it because that means there was no way another conflict between them would occur again! 

At the same time though you kind of felt unwanted. Kcalb was the only one you had and the only one you have ever had. So for him to spend more time with Ethiw meant that there was more time for you to feel unwanted. 

You shouldn't feel or think like that but you couldn't help it. Your mind was very mean to you when it came to the devil. You sighed sadly and plucked more grass from the ground, rolling over to your stomach as you laid your head to the side.

Your mind would always make up very mean things to you which lead you to overthink and sometimes even cry. Sometimes because of sadness and sometimes because of pure frustration. Especially when it came to the devil you were sworn to stay loyal to.

Suddenly you heard the doors open to the castle and you rolled over and sat up. You felt slight surprise wash over you when you saw the devil step out from the castle  doors. 'that's surprising...' you thought for yourself.

The devil simply looked over at you when he saw you sit on the grass with some grass blades on your clothes, on your cat ears, on your tail and basically all over yourself. He sighed softly as he walked over to you. "You seemed to have fun out here" he said as he took away one of the grass blades that was placed on your head. You giggled softly as you realized that you had rolled on the ground subconsciously. 

"It's fun to roll around~ You should try sometime" you said and you saw him shook his head. "I pass" he said as he sat down beside you. "Your no fun" you pouted. He did not answer as he just looked in front of him with a familiar stern look inside his eyes. You tilted your head slightly by this. He seemed to be fine  but...

"hey, is there something wrong?" you asked. Kcalb turned his head towards you, meeting your curious but worried look. "No, nothing is wrong" he simply said. You looked at him with more worry. "C'mon old man, you can't hide anything from me" you said. You saw his eyebrow twitch softly when you called him that.

"I'm not..." you heard him stop himself with a sigh. "I'm just thinking about-" "The past, right?" you interrupted him. He looked at you and simply nodded. "ah, that's why you looked so bothered..:" you mumbled. 

You saw his look soften as soon as you said that. You narrowed your eyes to the ground as you tried to come up with the right words to say to your bothered master. "You know, you can stop punishing yourself" you softly spoke.

You saw the devil turn his head to you but you still had your eyes on the ground. "Just thinking about the past is not going to fix anything, i know it's hard to let go of all that but it's the only way to be happy" you said. "Even though devil's are practically immortal one day you will die, Kcalb and you don't want those last moments of yours to be filled with despair, misery and sadness, right?" you asked.

"So, let go of all that. You are allowed to do that" 

You looked up to Kcalb and saw a unusual sight. The devil seemed to be a little teary eyed but you continued to talk "You aren't a bad person, everyone makes mistakes and you have to face them then you can move on, i think that everyone that lives here thinks the same way" you spoke. "So please, don't punish yourself anymore" you ended. 

The devil continued to look at you and after some time you saw his tears disappear and you saw his sadness vanish from his eyes. Silence loomed over you both but after some seconds you heard him speak. "Thank you, Y/N" he said and you smiled happily at that.

"No problem~" you cooed. Suddenly he saw you lay over his lap, making him feel slightly flustered. "Pet me~" you happily said as you tried to change the subject. Much to your surprise the white haired devil hesitantly put his hand on your head, petting it softly as he avoided your cat ears at all costs.

You melted into his touch and after a short minute he heard you purr softly on his lap with a smile on your face. You continued to feel his hands go softly through your hair and occasionally feel his hand brush your cat ears, making them twitch slightly to his touch.

Thank you for being there for me