Rock x Shy! Reader ~A soft spot~

Requested by: -Small_Cupcake-

(imagine that he can change between his human and penguin form) ((also, I can relate to Rock's eyebrows on a spiritual level, now you can read))

You were a very gentle person. You didn't raise your voice to people and you didn't like confrontation at all. You avoided it and people at all costs. You didn't like being in the spotlight and you didn't like talking with people

Well you had a hard time talking with people due to your shyness, that is the reason why you didn't like any of the things I previously mentioned. Also because of your shyness a lot of people took advantage of that, seeing you as a easy target to pick on. And because of your shy nature you didn't really do anything about it, not wanting to cause a big scene. It was rough at first but you managed to endure it somehow.

But those days are in the past. You had one year ago meet a childhood friend of yours once again. A very angry penguin named Rock. You and him had a great relationship when you were younger so when you meet again it was like the good old days.

He had asked you what was going on in your life. It made you nervous but you told him about the bullying you had to endure from the people in your town. You saw that your friend got really mad when you told him about it and told him what kind of things you had to go through.

So with that he immediately told you to pack your things and move in. You were very surprised by this and told him that he had to think about his but the quick tempered Rock had decided that you were moving and that was the end of that.

You didn't mind living with him and it was much more peaceful on this isle than you thought. You got along with basically everyone on this isle. Well they didn't hate you or anything and that was fine with you.

But even now your shy nature around the angry male didn't vanish which he already knew to be honest. Even when you both were young he was the one to start conversations, hold the conversations and he was also the one to end them.

But he found it peaceful that you didn't really talk that much. Not that he doesn't like you when you talk but he just found it relaxing that he didn't really need to talk to you. He could just sit beside you in complete silence. This reason was probably why you both got along so well even though you both were complete opposites.

Anyhow, right now the humanoid penguin sat outside and did some late night fishing. You would most of the time accompany him but You had told him that you were going to bed early since you were really tired. So the black haired male sat outside alone.

He didn't really mind it at all since he could do what he loved by himself in utter silence. If you asked him this was probably the best way to relax in his opinion. His rough eyes continued to look outside the icy lake, eying the dark horizon.

All of sudden though he heard some footsteps come his way, making him turn his head back and seeing you walk to him carefully and also timidly. He saw you sit beside him on the ice and he turned his head back to the horizon.

“I thought you said that you were going to sleep?” He asked, narrowing his eyes to you. “I can't sleep” you responded with a small sigh. “Why?” He asked and you shrugged your shoulders. “I don't know” you said.

He looked at you, seeing now that your eyes were actually blood shot which made the black haired male get some questions inside his mind. “What's wrong with your eyes?” He asked nonchalantly, making you narrow your eyes to him nervously. “Nothing…” you spoke quietly.

He heard a different tone to your voice now, making him turn his head to you. “You shouldn't lie” he simply said. “What happened?” He asked, laying his fishing rod to the side. You stayed quiet for a minute or two, knowing fully well that dragging on the time was not something that Rock liked.

“I'm just a little sad, that's all” you said simply. The penguin wanted to ask why but he didn't know what kind of reaction you would get if you told him why you were sad. He wasn't the kind of person that was good at comforting people but he didn't want you to just sit there and be sad.

So he braced himself for the worst “why?” He asked, his voice still sounding very rough even though he tried his best to ask softly. You lowered your head at this. “I just… I just feel like I'm weak to rely on you” you said, making him tilt his head.

“I know that I'm not the best at protecting myself or talking with people or to even hold decent conversations so I've been relying on you for that which hurts” you honestly said, making some tears well up on your eyes “But I'm glad that you can handle it so I just want to thank you” you thanked, blinking back your tears and forcing a timid smile on your lips.

He saw you turn your hesd away from him, looking out into the cold night. He continued to look at you with a hint of worry inside his eyes. So he hesitantly but also a big roughly took his arms around you, pulling you to his side and placing your head on his shoulder.

And just like that you couldn't hold those tears back. He saw them fall onto the ground but he didn't comment on it but after some time he saw you grab his shirt and lean slightly forward which made him hug you properly. He was a little frozen by this action since he wasn't someone that liked hugging anyone.

But when he saw you he couldn't help to make a exception.