Familiar! Shirogane x Witch! Reader ~You are good enough~

Requested by: 20140G

(listened to this while writing) ((a lot of petting these past few chapter, huh?))

You didn't have a lot of familiars. To be honest you had never meet anyone that you really wanted to have as a familiar. No one had sparked that interest in you to chose them as one. You were quite picky when it came to these kind of things and you wanted to chose someone that you knew you could get along with.

You didn't care much if they could fight, be strong or anything of the sort. You thought that when choosing a familiar you shouldn't focus only on strength. You should also see other aspects of that person. You have to see if they have good intentions in this life.

So that's why you chose ,what most people would call a cowardly wolf, Shirogane! He was perfect for this job you thought and that's why you happily chose him to be your loyal familiar. Safe to say when you told him this he was completely shocked and absolutely afraid. When you had explained to him what it meant to be one and somehow convinced him that it wasn't so bad as he thought he finally gave him.

And now he finally were your familiar! You were pretty happy to have him by your side actually. He was to be honest perfect for this job and plus it could really help him gain some more confidence in himself.

You smiled happily as you trotted around the ice, on your way to visit your new familiar. You had meet Shiro when you had accidentally gotten lost and somehow came to their little isle. You saw that he was hurt and you healed his wounds. He seemed to be pretty thankful but also a bit ashamed for some reason.

After that incident you often came to the small isle since you found it rather pretty. Slowly you both developed a friendship and you came over there frequently to chat with the wolf and also his good friend.

You walked and walked and suddenly you stopped. You looked at the spot you both were supposed to meet up but he wasn't there. You looked around and saw no sign of the wolf anywhere. Maybe he was hiding? You decided to walk up to the dark isle as you continued to search for your precious familiar.

After some time you heard something to your right. You turned your head slowly to the side and recognized the muffling sound. Someone was crying. You turned your whole body to the cavern and carefully stepped in. You heard the sobbing more now and you also now recognized the sobbing.

"Shiro...?" you carefully said, walking to your left as you entered the room. You stopped at the doorway and saw the familiar wolf was sleeping but he was crying softly for himself. You furrowed your eyebrows in sadness by this sight. You walked over to him slowly, hearing your footsteps echo through the room.

Due to this you saw his ears twitch softly. You sat beside him and placed your hand on his head, feeling a sticky liquid on it. Your eyes widen softly as you saw it was blood that had run down his head. 'did someone smack his head against something? Or...' you trailed off as you decided to just wake him up instead of just watching over him.

You placed your other hand on him as you gently shook him. "Shirogane..." you softly said, making the wolf open his eyes slowly. When he was fully conscious he basically bolted up, making you jump out softly. "H-Hey! it's just me! Y/N!" you said, grabbing his shoulders. You saw him look at you as he looked at you with a scared expression placed on his face but when he finally recognized you he calmed down.

"What happened?" you asked as you placed your hand on his head, seeing a faint glow emit from your hands which lit up the room slightly. He didn't answer which made you look down onto him, seeing that he looked down with a sadden yet a blank look in his eye. "Did... Did Idate get you again?" you asked. To that the wolf nodded softly, making tears well up in his eyes.

You suddenly felt him take his arms around you, burying his face against your chest which made you feel a bit flustered but that feeling disappeared quickly when you heard him start to cry on you hysterically, his body shaking violently. You returned the hug as you placed one hand on his head and the other on his back. "Shhh, is okay Shiro, i'm here now" you softly spoke as you petted his head softly and rubbing his back comfortingly.

"I-I..I-I" you head him trying to say something between his sobs. You already knew what he was going to say though. "You aren't useless, okay? You aren't anything bad that you were about to say, alright?" you spoke softly. That made him stop trying to say something and you only felt his body quiver and the only thing you heard was his sobbing.

After some time you heard him speak once again "Why me...?" he asked suddenly, making you look down on him. "Why did you chose me...?" he asked. "Even if i wanted to i would never be able to protect you, i can't even protect myself so why?" he asked.

"because strength isn't the only thing that's important" you said, making you see him slightly look up at you. "You are kind and i know that you are much more stronger than what you believe" you spoke, continuing to pet his head softly as you looked down at him. "You are a kind soul with good intentions and that's the only thing that matters to me" you continued.

"You don't need to protect me from danger to be a good familiar, you are a good familiar if you care about me, if you are kind to me and if you want to be one and i know that you do all that" You saw the wolf's tears run down even more down his face. "B-But-" "No but's" you interrupted. "You are amazing, just the way you are" you said, placing a small kiss on his forehead.

This made a small blush appear on his face which he hid by burying his face against your chest again. "I'll help you realize that you are a good familiar and that you are strong, okay?" you spoke. You saw him nod which made you smile. After some time you started to scratch his fluffy ears, making you see and hear his tail thump against the hard stone bed. You heard him whine happily but softly softly after some time which made you laugh quietly.

"You are perfect, don't forget that"