Licorice x Reader ~Caring~

You fluttered your eyes open slowly as you heard your alarm clock ring loudly, making you tiredly grab it. You tiredly looked at it as the display was nearly blinding your F/C eyes. You sat up and stretched your arms as you yawned.

You rubbed your eyes softly as you stood up, walking over to your closet and begun your morning routine. Soon you were out the door and something unexpected stood was outside. You looked down and was greeted with two familiar yellow eyes looking up at you.

"Oh... Licorice what are you doing up so early?" you asked as you sat down onto your knees in front of him. "Mama was still sleeping so i went to see you instead" he simply said, making you smile at the little demon child. "Have you waited a long time out here?" you asked as you took him in your arms, placing him on your hip as you walked away to the dining room.

"No, not really" he said as you felt his orbs looking at you. "That's good, i would have felt bad if i let you wait for to long" you explained as you entered the dining room and placed Licorice onto a chair. You have lived here for a long time, helping Ivlis out with a lot of things but you weren't a very good fighter so you helped him with other things instead.

You helped him often with taking care of his kids Poemi and Licorice accompanied with Emalf of course but today you had to handle the kids alone due to Emalf was attending to do some important business. You didn't ask him about you just let the fire demon be and you could probably guess it had some involvement with a certain green haired girl.

Even though he can't reach her in some way other than a devil making a portal he still was very determined to try every way he could to reach her. He seriously liked her.

Anyways after breakfast you saw Poemi waking up to, so you all three started up a conversation like you all three usually did until Poemi mentioned she wanted to be in the basement and play with her 'toys'. You gave your permission and the young, happy girl walked away as soon as she had finished her breakfast.

"Looks like it will only be us two today, Licorice" you mentioned as you petted his head, making him nod softly. "Well, what do you want to do?" you asked. "Can we draw?" he asked very softly. "Sure!" you agreed as you both made your way to his bedroom, finding some pencils and papers as you let the child start drawing. You sat beside him as you were looking at what he was drawing.

It was probably something he wanted to give Ivlis. You thought for yourself as your gaze wandered up to his eyes instead, seeing how concentrated he really was. You have taken care of Licorice for a long time now so you know who he is as a person which made you wonder why he have been acting a little bit differently this past week.

You wondered what was going through his head because in the end you knew he was very smart and even though he looks and sometimes acts like a child he is very much grown up in his mind. He worries about things which normal children shouldn't worry about and he does things normal children shouldn't do but then again he isn't a normal child.

Your eyes was now on the ground as your mind was traveling away from reality. Maybe something has happened between him and his papa? No, he wouldn't get upset about that... maybe something happened between him and his mama? No, he'll probably say it to Emalf and he'll probably forward it to you.

"Y/N...?" a soft voice spoke as you saw two yellow orbs look at you with worry. "Are you alright?" he asked equally soft. "O-Oh, i'm fine but more importantly... are you okay?" you asked as you saw him glance down onto his paper. He nodded softly but you didn't buy it at all. "It's okay to talk to me, i promise i won't tell anyone, okay?" you reassured the devil as he looked at you once again. "not even mama?" he asked as you shook your head. "Not even to mama" you said.

You felt the young demon sit down onto your lap and you took your arms around his small frame, holding him close to you as you waited for the young demon to talk. "I..." he started slowly and you looked down onto the demon which struggled to let any words out. "I feel bad" he simply said.

"You... feel bad?" you repeated and he nodded. "About what? Did you do something? Or did someone do something to you?" you asked, making the child look down onto the ground softly. "Oh, i'm sorry Licorice i shouldn't throw questions onto you like that..." you apologized. "But what do you mean that you feel bad?" you asked once again more carefully.

"I did something bad..." he explained. "I did something bad to mama..." he finished as you saw he felt uncomfortable talking about this subject. "It's okay, if you don't want to talk about it's alright... come to me when you feel ready about it, alright?" you spoke lovingly, making the child lean back against you as he nodded. You both sat like that for a while until Poemi came back and you saw them both started to interact and play with each other.

Soon night came and you were getting ready to go to sleep as you heard a quiet knock on your door. You opened it and was greeted with those yellow orbs once again. "Can i sleep with you?" he asked as he tilted his head. "Mama seemed more tired than usual today so i don't want to worry him..." he explained. "Of course, it's okay" you said as you stood to the side, letting him enter your bedroom.

You let him lay down onto your bed and shortly you accompanied him, taking your arm around him as you held him softly close to you. He looked at your calm face for a while, studying every crook and cranny of it. He thought you looked very relaxed and very tired as you had your eyes shut, not even realizing that he was looking at you with his yellow orbs.

He did care about you a lot. He really did because you always understood him. At first he was very cautious about you but after some time when he saw how you helped his mama and saw that he put his trust in you and that even Poemi and Emalf also did it he gave it a try. He didn't regret it at all but there was things he was afraid to say to you.

His thoughts got interrupted when he saw you slightly move in your sleep and that you also looked somewhat disturbed. He got an idea in his mind when he saw this. He quickly changed himself to his adult form and took you in his arms instead, feeling that you were very tense. Maybe you were having a nightmare? He still didn't want to wake you up though because he knew that sleep was very important to you.

His idea seemed to work because after some time he felt that you weren't as tense anymore and that your face relaxed. It brought a small smile on his lips when he saw it and he leaned his chin onto your head, falling into a deep slumber with you.

(finally did a x reader with the SINamonroll)((I had this in store for a couple of weeks but i didn't know how to end it, woops))