Rock x Reader part 2 ~Annoying~

Part two Requested by: LightningTheBigWolf

(listened to this while writing)

You both had stayed like that, him looking out at the icy waters with a stern look inside his orbs like he always had. People didn't come up to him and asked about you, they simply glanced at you both and then walked away, they did wonder what you were doing there and who you were but they decided to stay away from the angry penguin since as i previously pointed out he was already pretty annoyed at them.

The silence was still looming over you both as you both just continued to look out at the waters. Even if you wanted to talk to him you knew you wouldn't really get any good responses from him since you knew that when he was fishing you should let him be. Which surprised you that he actually let you still be by his side.

Well it didn't really matter right now to you since you finally got to spend some time with him with no one to disturb you both. It was really nice... But you wanted to introduce yourself to the other's in the isle. As you had that thought you just figured that you could do it when you were going to go home or later.

Right now you just wanted to relax with Rock. You looked up and saw that he seemed very concentrated so you looked down once again, crawling a bit closer to him instead so you could feel a bit warmer. This made him look down onto you. "What are you doing?" he asked with his normal stern voice. "It's really cold here" you started " and you are really warm" you finished. "You should have brought more warmer clothes, idiot" he said. "Your so mean~" you cooed, adding a 'hurt' tone to your voice. He just huffed at that, throwing the fishing line further away.

You looked down once again, feeling a bit of sadness overwhelm you all of a sudden. Why? Maybe the insults from him has started to get to you. You didn't really care about them before but suddenly hearing them once again made you feel a bit down. Maybe it was because you hadn't seen him in a while?

Stupid heart, being so sensitive when it knows that you shouldn't take them so personally. After some more hours night had come and you both were still outside. Rock can literally fish all the time, huh? You sat up straight which made the penguin look at you. "Can i ask you something?" you asked, looking out at the dark waters. "Sure, go ahead" he answered, throwing the fishing line once again further away.

He didn't hear you say anything so he turned his head to you and saw that you looked down slightly with a thoughtful look inside your eyes, making him wonder what was so important to say that you had to think about what words you were going to use. Normally he would rudely ask you to speak up but since the look inside your eyes seemed to be serious he just patiently waited for you to say something.

"Do you like me?" you asked, looking at him straight in the eyes. "What...?" he only responded. Well, that was not the question he thought you were going to ask. "What do you mean by that?" he asked, placing his fishing rod to the side so he could have his full attention on you.

"I mean, do you actually care about me?" you asked. "You are always saying rude things to me most of the time and you always seem to be angry at me" you continued. "And even when i came all the way here, you don't seem to be happy about it..." you ended. He sat there, stunned about what you were saying. "A-Ah..." This was a sight. Rock didn't have any idea what he was going to say.

He saw that you seemed to be hurt and sad by this, making him swallow his pride and looked around to make sure no one was around. "I.... do care...." he mumbled. "Even....Even if it doesn't seem... like that...." he continued to mumble a bit nervously, but you heard him clearly. You looked at him with your eyes slightly widen. You haven't really seen him like this. He seemed so nervous but he still managed to look almost like his normal self, the only thing that was different was that he had a small pink dust painted on his light skinned cheeks.

It also looked like it was hard for him to say this to you. That thought and those words made you smile happily at the penguin. "You do?" you asked. "Why would i say it if i didn't you idiot?" he asked, feeling once again a brim of irritation inside his soul. You laughed slightly, making him feel even more angry.

"Thank you" you suddenly said, making him hold back his insults. "I was really scared that you didn't care about me" you said, making him calm down. "Yeah, Yeah, let me continue to fish and let's just drop this" he said, taking his fishing rod in his hands once again. "mhm, okay" you simply said, letting your head rest against his shoulder once again.

He felt you shiver slightly beside him, making him sigh loudly since it distracted him slightly. He wrapped his arm around your shoulders and pulled You closer, earning a small squeak of surprise come from you. Rock didn't say anything as he just continued to look out at the icy waters. You looked up at him and smiled a small smile as you snuggled up closer to him.

Thank you for being by my side once again.