Yukisada x Girlfriend! Reader ~I'll make sure of that~

Requested: Mint-Eye

(listened to this)

Calm. Down.

Calm. Down.

CALM. DOWN

Your chest went up and down in a unnatural pace and it felt like your heart was going to beat out from your chest. You were slightly hurled over, hand over your chest as you looked onto the bed with widen eyes.

That was horrifying. Completely and utterly horrifying. You closed your eyes but as soon as you did that you couldn't help but to get that image inside your head, making you immediately open them again.

You had a nightmare. A pretty bad one to since it made you bolt up from your bed with tears streaming down your face like a waterfall. You knew it was simply a dark nightmare but that thought didn't help you calm down though. It didn't help at all actually.

And even how many times you tried to tell yourself to calm down it didn't work either. You still were scared and it still felt like you would have another nightmare if you tried to fall back to sleep.

You whined quietly for yourself, not wanting to wake up the sleeping male beside you. Oh, right. You turned your head to see a familiar figure still sleeping safe and soundly beside you with a calm expression on his face.

Right... he was here. How could you forget that? And how could you forget where you were? Damn, that nightmare must have shaken you up pretty bad, huh? Anyways, you continued to look at him which made you feel some calm wash over you.

He was here

He was here beside you, sleeping safe and soundly and he wasn't going to go anywhere.

Yukisada was still here and you weren't alone

You had grown very attached to him and you both were pretty open about anything in your relationship which was why you felt relief when you realized that he was this close to you, he was here.

So you laid down once again, still feeling very frightened to be honest. You closed your eyes and tried to think about positive things so you maybe wouldn't have to continue your nightmare or start a new one.

It's okay...

It's okay...

After some time of trying this you sighed loudly, still feeling yourself shaken up.

And here they come again... Tears. You sobbed quietly for yourself, not wanting to wake your boyfriend up since he seemed to finally get some good rest. Even so though it seemed to not work since you heard a sleepy voice speak to you. "Y/N? Why are you crying?" the voice asked in a gentle tone, despise it sounding very tired.

Ashamed, you still stayed quiet as your cries became silent but even so your tears didn't come to a stop. The owl looked at you worriedly as you covered your eyes with your hands and you started to feel how puffy your eyes actually were.

"Did something happen?" he asked worriedly, placing his hand on your arm in a way to sooth you and maybe help you to talk. After a minute or so of silence you finally spoke. "Just...Just had a nightmare..." you gently said. "A nightmare?" he asked, making you nod.

He wondered what kind of nightmare you must have had to make you like this but the owl knew that right now was not the time to ask that. So with a gentle smile on his lips he placed his arm over your stomach, snuggling closer to you.

"it's okay... it was just a nightmare" he reassured quietly and softly. "I know this one must have been scary for you but it's just a nightmare" he spoke, making you turn around in his arms and burying your face onto his chest. He pulled you closer to him and smiled sweetly down onto you.

"So everything is alright, i'm here for you" He said and with that he placed a kiss on your head and started to rub soft circles on your back. "So, no need to cry anymore" he spoke. "And try to sleep, alright? I promise you won't have another nightmare again..." he said softly.

"A-Are you sure?" you asked. "I'll make sure of that" he responded. "Now my sweetheart, try and get some sleep" he said as he placed a small and gentle kiss on your head. He continued to play with your hair as he gently rubbed your back.

And slowly and carefully he felt your tense body relax and he also felt your heartbeat slow down to it's normal pace once again. This made the white haired owl smile for himself, placing his look down to see if you were sleeping now.

He saw you were close to doze of and his response to this was to hum on a unfamiliar tune for you but it was very soothing and calm, making you completely doze off. When you finally were asleep he looked down and smiled once again happily, glad to see that you were going to at least get some sleep for the night.

He pulled back slightly only to place a small and gentle kiss on your forehead this time as he pulled you once again to him, closing his eyes softly as he fell asleep with a small smile on his lips.

And for the rest of the night you both had a peaceful sleep with no nightmares and no worries.

(i don't know why i love writing about Yukisada comforting people but it's canon that he does that a lot so that's probably why)