#6 The Enemy's Enemy

Arjun.

I sat there silently as Abiram went crazy.

"I asked you to check it thoroughly!" he shouted at prathab, who had accompanied him to deal with Shahid.

"When I checked, It was there sir" he said "I don't know what happened all of a sudden" he said.

"Did you kill shahid?" Father asked and everyone became silent.

"He got shot in the chest, His rate of survival is too low" Abiram said after a moment.

"Why did you kill him? I asked you to get him here" Father said again.

"I swear! I made sure that we had all the datas we needed before trying to kill him! I personally checked it!" Pramod spoke up again "it was all there"

"Then what happened to it?" Mahesh looked around "how come there's no file in here?" he looked angry. "After going through all these trouble, If we can't get hold of the files, It's no good"he said "Shahid is the only person who could open the files and you shot him" he stopped.

"Do you really not understand what's going on?" I spoke up, fed up with the argument that's going on.

Everyone turned to me.

"I warned you before you moved, that's shahid, The programming genius" I explained "I think he created a self erasing programming file to show you" I said.

"That bastard! He wanted to save his wife, so he gave us the datas and he programmed it so that we were never going to get our hands on that!" Abiram cursed "I am going to kill him the moment he wakes up"

"Abiram" Father said sternly. "You created this mess, If Shahid ever wakes up, I want to bring him here" he said sternly "without any scratch" he added.

"I don't think he will speak up easily" prathab said "his wife was murdered in front of him" he said.

"Get hold of his daughter" Father said and I suppressed my anger.

"He has a daughter?" Mahesh asked.

"That's right! he has a 5 year old daughter and he will never open his mouth against us" Abiram said gleefully.

I raised up before I speak something that will put me in disadvantage.

"The conference is not over yet" Abiram notified me.

"My work is done here" I said.

"Can you recover the erased files back?" Father asked me.

"I thought about that" I told him "but Shahid is famous in programming field, it's his speciality" I said "I don't think it will be easier, but I will try" I nodded and took the hard disk "it may take some time"

Karthik.

I listened to the news intently.

"-Still under coma and his wife's body was found after 3 hours of search in the water"

What the heck! Every channel has the same story.

The famous programmer and his wife's attacked by some anonymous people, Shahid khan is seriously injured and hospitalised while his wife is already dead.

I changed the channels as dad came inside.

"Are you looking for something?" he asked me "You have been changing channels for some time now" He said.

"I am wondering why there is no mention of him being the security officer of Ajith roy files, it's impossible that media didn't get hold of it"

"Then they must have been silenced-" I stopped as the reporter started to describe the case.