#54 The interrogation

Arjun.

It was 10:20 when I finally reached the dream land.

As soon as I reached home, Sanju came running out.

"How's suresh sir? Is he ok? Is he hurt?" She started asking me.

I turned to Shyam and Anjaly who were waiting for me to reach.

"um..sorry, You didn't come and we couldn't make her stay away from the news channels" Shyam explained. "she was worried sick"

"Doctor said he will be okay" I said.

"Arjun! I need to go back, Now" Sanju said.

"This is exactly why I wanted to keep it from you" I said and stepped inside.

"We will leave then"

So I waited until Shyam and Anjaly drive back.

"How is karthik?" She asked. "What about-"

"Everyone is okay now, Sanju" I said "Everything is taken care of already"

"I really need to-"

"no, I can't send you back" I said and turned to her, Then noticed her expression.

She looked tensed.

"sanju?"

"They will need me, I need to go-" She was cut off when I wrapped my hands around her.

"it's ok" I said gently. "Everyone is out of danger" I said. "The person who needs you the most is me, Sanjana, I need you more than your friends"

She stiffened slightly and I wrapped her in my hand more tightly.

"My friends will be tensed, They will need me-"

"What about me then?" I turned to her and asked a little more seriously.

"Wha...what?"

"What about me then? Your friends have each other, I don't have anyone" I said.

"Arjun, You are the heir of-"

"what difference does it make?" I asked back. "I promised myself that I will restore my dad's reputation and his hard work back, I can't leave palace group, All the people working there will be-"

"I am not asking you to give up your father's business!" She exclaimed. "I'm just telling you that we are way too different, We belong in two different worlds" She added.

"I don't understand why we cannot be together" I said. "Anything is possible if you put your mind to it, since we are already married-"

"Not this again, Arjun, please, Karthik and others will be very tensed now" she said

"You really want to go?" I asked her slowly.

"you brought me here without my permission, Arjun, It's time I go back to where I belong"

You belong to me...I will never let you compromise your safety again.

But I didn't say anything as I didn't want to scare her anymore.

"okay, I won't force you anymore" I said. "I will let you go once I see that it's safe" I said. "But not now" I added.

"you can't stop me" She looked angry.

"Sanju, Karthik's dad is attacked just now and I don't know how much time it will take for his Identity to get exposed, I don't want you to be there when that happens, It's not safe, So I have no choice but stop you"