#52 The misplaced trust

Trisha.

I waited for him to come back, My mind wandering back to the things I came to know this last few hours.

Arjun brought me a the tablet.

"Here take this" He said while sitting beside me on the bed.

"I will have it later-" I stopped as he brought it up, In level with my lips.

"I..I will-"

"Take it now" He insisted and I opened my mouth, He placed the tablet and took the water and held it for me.

"I can do it-" I stopped when the water touched my lips, I took a sip, Allowing him to hold the glass for me.

"Take care of your health first, Uncle said you were not taking your dinner"

"He made me eat his porridge" I said and moved back, leaning to my pillows again "I will recover quickly" I said.

"If it's not getting better, I will bring a doctor here" He said and I nodded.

"Then lay down, Get res-"

"I need to talk to you, Arjun" I said slowly.

It was difficult to talk directly when he was sitting just in front of me.

My perfectly rehearsed words were all scattered and I said the first thing that came to mind.

"I am sorry.." I said and his eyebrows shot up. "I..I tried to..trick you.." I admitted slowly. "I started the whole thing, You were right, I approached you first, I shouldn't have blamed you like that" I said.

"Don't worry about it" Arjun said. "I am glad that you came to me-"

"No, I haven't finished, Arjun" I interrupted him. "I understand that what I did was a huge mistake on my part, But I don't want to continue, Let's stop this game" I said.

"If you understand what you did, Then take responsibility" He said, His voice firm. "Besides, I never saw it as a game, I was truthful-"

"Arjun" I said. "Let's not complicate things" I said. "We-"

"Sanju, I accepted you with my heart, You are my wife, Nothing is going to change that" he said. "we will have this conversation later, You need to rest-"

"I don't even remember marrying you, Arjun, Then how can it be valid! Besides, I don't have a mangalsutra and we never followed the ceremonial steps!"

"If you are worried about the mangalsutra-"

"That's not the point, Arjun" I cut across him. "I can't do this" I said firmly. "Don't forget the fact that You are the only heir of palace group, It's a huge thing"

"I can explain everything for you-"

"No!" I said. "You Don't have to explain for me, Our relationship is not -"

I stopped as Arjun took my hand and touched the ring.

"If I have a girl in my life, That's you, Sanjana, Nothing you say or do will make it disappear" He said.

"Relationships cannot be forced-"

"If the situation is different, I would have tried to give you some time and space" He said. "But the moment I let you free, I know that you will get yourself in trouble, You will endanger your life again" He said.

"Do you know" He continued. "The only options for me was to lock you up or to protect you silently, I have tried my best to protect you silently, Sanjana, Trust me, I even destroyed your secret room to stop your plan with DIB, But you have a ability to put yourself in danger, So I have no way But do it like this" he said.