1:My Mom USED to be normal

This whole chapter is in Emma's P.O.V including the present day and flash back areas. Okay I hope you like it don't forget to vote and comment!!!

"EMMA!! get your ass down here!" It was a weekend, it was only nine o'clock A.M. "Why on earth was she wasted already?" I thought to myself, I ran down stairs because I knew if I wasn't fast enough this would be so much worse for me. I miss my mom more than words can explain, this isn't her, my mom used to be this loving, caring, and an all around amazing person. I think I drove her to the alcohol and drugs, small ol' Emma couldn't refrain from screwing everything up. I could've had it so much better. Stupid ole me.

*FLASHBACK* (Emma- 8 Years Old)

"Momma, why do the other kids have a daddy?" I said confused "Where'd my daddy go?" I said still confused. My mom turned to me with pain in her voice "Since you're getting older I think I should tell you this," she said pausing for a second, "You're daddy and I were madly in love, I thought we would last forever, then one day I found out I was pregnant with you, I was gonna tell him... I swear I was, I just tried to ease into it. I tried to ease into it by asking him if he ever wanted to have kids, his response was that he was unsure, all I know was he didn't give off vibes that he wanted to, so I backed out." her eyes started to tear up, "I made sure I completely removed him from my life, I made a call that I shouldn't have, it wasn't my choice and I regret it everyday. I practically decided that he never wanted to have a child and I left, I never gave him a fair chance, I never gave you a fair chance. Trust me everyday I feel shitty enough knowing I let him go, he didn't leave but he wasn't there so it's like he was gone anyways." My mom's tears had already started pouring out of her eyes. I hugged her tightly. I felt horrible for asking. A couple hours later I found my mom on the ground with blood gushing from her wrists. I was terrified. I loved my mom. Pretty soon the ambulance came and took her to the hospital, I rode along and when my mom woke up, she was different, it seemed like something switched in her brain. She wasn't the same, and when she got discharged the first thing she did was go buy some alcohol, I knew it wasn't good for her but she didn't listen to any of my objections. A couple weeks later I ended up finding cocaine hidden in her bathroom. That's the first time she ever did anything to harm me, she was livid, she smacked me straight across my face. I could tell she used all her force because she made a sound of struggle with the hit. Ever since then I've missed my mom like crazy.

*FLASHBACK OVER*

I've been dealing with her abuse for 4 1/2 years now. The only thing I had to remember the old her and to even start to learn who my father was, was a heart shaped locket that had a picture of my mom and I on one half and the other half had a picture of my dad, I never like the metaphor it gave off to me though, my dad was still split from my mom and I. I just wish my mom did things differently. So many things would be so much better.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

3 HOURS LATER

I could tell my mom had been doped up and had alcohol in her system on top of that. I didn't know that doing my homework would infuriate her as much as it did, I was doing my homework when she came into the kitchen (I was sitting at the kitchen table) she said that we were having guests over that night so I just got up and moved my school stuff to my room. She must've taken it the wrong way, all I did was help start clearing the table and she grabbed the scissors and jammed them into my leg, I felt to the ground almost instantly, she started burning my hands with her cigarette, slowly torturing me, my vision was getting blurry and I started fading in and out, I was conscious at the moment and I heard a glass bottle break, I braced myself for what was happening next. She used all her force and dug the broken alcohol bottle into my stomach.

Everything went black.