7:Kings County Sheriff's Office

Emma's P.O.V
I woke up this morning and thought about my mom. Whenever I thought about her it was usually negative things as she did some horrible things to me which have scared me both physically and mentally but I miss her like crazy, even when she was drunk or high I could tell the old her wanted to come back. She wanted to save me. Maybe I'm crazy for thinking this but maybe my mom and dad are somewhere together. Whether it's in the next life or just somewhere out in the world. I could feel a lump start forming in my throat, this only happened when I was about to cry, so I decided it was time to stop think about her. With that I went over to my bag, grabbed a change of clothes and went into the bathroom to change.

When I walked out everyone was awake. "I used to be the Sheriff's Deputy, I have the keys to get into the weapon room. We could go in there and get what we need and go on from there." Rick said. Morgan nodded in agreement. We all walked down the road to the Sheriff's office. When we arrived I saw there was a sign and read it aloud,"Kings County Sheriff's Office". Rick unlocked the door and we all piled in. Rick took us to the shower rooms first, as every where else men and women had different shower areas so I went into the women's and they all went into the mens. I wasn't sure how this place still had running water but I wasn't about to ask because all that mattered was I was getting clean.

Everyone was done and I was still showering, I had extremely thick hair and had a hard time rinsing it, the water pressure wasn't the best but you won't find me complaining. I didn't realize it but I had been singing this whole time, I miss music so much. After about 5 minutes of singing random songs I was done showering. I got dressed and went out to see Duane carrying 2 rifles out to a vehicle him and Morgan were gonna use. I was just about to walk out when I realized I didn't have my locket, I ran into the locker room and searched everywhere, I finally found it sitting on the counter.

I walked out and Rick had a police car. "I heard Atlanta has a shelter." Morgan said. Rick looked up with hope, "If Lori and Carl got out, they'd go there... I know they would." Rick said. I got to chose who I wished to go with. I chose Rick, either way we were gonna end up meeting in Atlanta. Also I think it's best I get out of that town, it was toxic, all the memories I had there. None of them were good memories... I had to leave.

I gave Morgan and Duane a hug, told them each to stay safe and that I would see them in Atlanta.

Rick and I started down the road, he flipped his sun visor down to reveal a picture of him with a woman and a young boy. "Is that Lori and Carl?" I asked. "Yeah" he said with a smile. The rest of the car ride we talked about how it was before, I let him do most of the talking because I didn't have that many good memories from before. Rick pulled into a gas station. Each pump was empty. I found some cars and took the gas out of them. I didn't do too bad of a job if I do say so myself, I called Rick back over to the car and we were on the road again.

Atlanta began to reveal itself slowly. We pulled into town and there was that grumbling but not how it normally is, it was 10 times louder than usual. There was a herd of walkers running towards us, I lost sight of Rick and just kept running. I had 15 bullets in my gun, I used them sparingly I noticed the 'Sheriffs' bag that had all our guns in it was sitting in the middle of the road. I ran and ran and ran until I couldn't anymore, I was about to give up when 2 people in protective gear came and killed the 2 walkers that were coming for me. They let me in and I thanked them.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry about the crappy chapter. This isn't the best chapter but I feel like it was needed, so here it is. Anyways I hope you guys are enjoying my story so far!!!! Don't forget to vote and comment!!!