77: Twisted

Emma's P.O.V

I didn't understand how there could be only one gunshot outside. Something bad had happened, and there was something I need to do about it. If I'm the only one that heard it, then I should get up and do something about it. If something happened to someone I care about, someone needed to pay. It also didn't sit well with me that Valerie was still out there, and I was in here, incapable of taking care of her if I needed to.

So, with all of the strength I could manage to build up, I swung my legs to the side, pulled out the ivy from my arm, seeing how the carrier it was on would make a lot of noise and if I needed to sneak up on someone I couldn't have that making a bunch of noise.

I knew it was probably dumb of me to be doing this, but I have enough strength to fire a gun, I don't hesitate anymore. If it's Valerie or Zane, I have no problem taking them out. I don't know Zane that well yet, and I don't trust him completely. I would like it a lot better if I could keep an eye on the both of them myself, but I was too stupid to not try and kill myself.

I heard even more bickering outside, along with crying. I knew this wasn't going to be good. I hurried myself along, checking the magazine for bullets, finding them, and cocking the gun.

I carefully opened the door. To my luck, it didn't creak whatsoever and it opened inside, not outside. Either way, the commotion seemed to be coming from the hallway over.

When I turned the hall corner, I noticed Glenn wrapped around a hunched over crying Maggie. Along with Beth laying lifeless on the floor. I seen Dad crying, and even Rick tearing up.

With Beth being on the floor, I learned that my suspicions were correct. Valerie hurt Beth, killed Beth, and Zane helped her.

I snapped myself back around the corner, determined to find who had done this. I let a single tear roll out of my eye.

I held the rest of my tears in, realizing I could cry later, if I need to. Which I probably will.

I took a deep breath and crept into the hallway once more.

Carol looked over to me, but I put my finger to my lips queuing her to not say anything about seeing me. She quickly shifted her eyes away from me.

I stayed hidden around the corner, waiting to see what happened.

I could hear weeps coming from Valerie as well.

Dad walked over to Beth's lifeless body, determined to pick her up and see it that she get a proper burial. I know in here they would've taken her lifeless body and thrown it down the elevator shaft.

Valerie raised her gun at my dad, I raised my gun to her real quick.

"Valerie, put that down." Rick said.

I crept closer to her. I wasn't going to let her off easy with a simple gunshot now. Now I wanted to see her suffer. I wanted her to pay for all of the things she has done to me.

"Why should I?" Valerie retorted. I was still getting closer.

"Because, we don't need anyone else to die." Rick said.

"First, this bitch thinks it's okay to just kill my mom after I had been separated from her in this mess, then he wants to give her a proper burial." Valerie paused. "Hell no. She's going to the walkers. I don't care if she's dead already. She doesn't kill my mom and get away with it."

My blood now boiling.

"What makes you think you have that authority?" Tara chimed in.

"My gun and I." Valerie said.