28: The Past is the Past

Carl's P.O.V

Hershel has warned our new guests not to get too comfortable because we're a close group and it might be hard to get accepted in.

Right now our visitors are burying the body off the girl they lost earlier.

I'm with Carol at the front gate.

Some how we started talking about noise pollution.

"Y'know what I would give for the sound of a jumbo jet?" She asked light heartedly.

"It'd be better if we were all on it." I replied.

It was silent.

"Y'know she was proud of you." Carol said.

"Why? All I did was yell at her." I said.

"No, you can't worry about that right now. She wouldn't want you to. She was so proud of you." Carol said.

I just smiled in response. I heard a car pull up.

"Please be them." I whispered.

It was, thankfully.

Dad stepped out and gave me a hug.

Carol went to the door looking for Daryl.

She started to panic a bit. "Don't worry. He's okay. We found Merle... and Emma, he went with them." Dad said.

I was shocked. Carol was calmed down now. She went towards the prison now.

"You found Emma?!" I asked overjoyed.

"Yeah, I wasn't supposed to say anything about it either. She didn't want to hurt you. I could tell she didn't want to go with Merle and Daryl though. Somethings not right there but I don't know what that is. She did tell me to tell you something though. Before she left she told me to tell you 'One day I'll be back with you, some how, I love you.'" He told me.

"She just left?" I asked with tears filling my eyes but I held them back.

"I'm sorry Carl." He said.

I was just sad.

Emma's P.O.V

I was walking with Merle and Daryl, still crying.

"Are you seriously crying over that little annoying kid who was always in the way?" Merle asked me.

I ignored him.

"Hasn't anyone ever taught you to respect your elders?" Merle asked me.

"You day one more thing about him and it'll be the last thing you say." I said. I continued, "The answer is, yes I am crying over him. He's my best friend. I love him and I may never see him again because of you and The Governor. I'd be with him right now if it weren't for you two. I love him so much and I never want to be away from him but look where we are." I said crying still.

"C'mon it can't be anything worse than what The Governor did to you." Merle said.

I stopped dead in my tracks, which caused both of them to stop. "So you did know what he was doing. How could you just let him do that to another human being?" I practically screamed at him.

Merle stayed quiet.

"How could you make me come along with this piece of shit? All the things The Governor did to me and he just stayed by and let it happen. Thats disgusting. Why did you make me come along?" I asked Daryl.

Daryl just looked from me to Merle, "What exactly did this 'Governor' do to you?" He asked me.

"Well, let me fill you in on the whole thing. Before the end of the world my mom abused me for four and a half years. Two of those years she had a boyfriend, most nights she was either too high or too drunk to please him herself so he came to me and raped me. Then I get captured by those people and all because I wouldn't tell them about the prison and I killed one of their men who put his hands on me first I had to get 'punished'. Well The Governor's punishment was raping me. I was there for about ten days and nine out of those ten days he raped me. One of the days I even got punched by our old pal Merle right here. I punched him harder twice so I guess we're even but still, he knew all that was happening and he just let it happen." I said.