9:Dead Puppies and Kittens

~Emma's P.O.V~
Rick and Morales ran outside, Morales was wearing the protective suit. They came back about a minute later with a dead walker, or dead person, or... you know I'm not too sure what to address him as but they came back with a body. Rick and Glenn went to the clothing section of the department store we were in and grabbed some rubber gloves and some extra clothing and put it on. I was confused at first but quickly caught on. Rick went and grabbed the fire emergency axe that was hanging on the wall and started chopping up the guys body. Everyone was groaning and grumbling from the smell and blood spatter. "Think about something else, puppies and kittens." Rick said fighting a sense of disgust. "Dead puppies and kittens." T-Dog said.

Rick and Glenn were now on their way to get a car to get out of here, they're getting a truck with a trailer. T-Dog, Merle, Morales, Jacqui, Andrea, and I were on the roof. We were all watching Rick and Glenn travel through the street infested with walkers. There were so close to getting to the fence that had the vehicles inside of it when, thunder hit and it started pouring rain. Rick and Glenn tried to stay calm, but the walker guts started washing off of them. Walkers came and started attempting to attack them, Rick took out his axe and bashed one in the head. The walkers quickly caught on to the fact that Rick and Glenn were still alive. So the walkers started charging for them, Rick and Glenn were faster, soon they got to the fence and got into the moving truck. Right when they started the engine the walkers busted through the fence. With that Rick and Glenn drove off, leaving us behind, and all my hope of surging was lost. I dropped to the floor and just stayed there shaking from holding in all my tears, the ones from fear, the ones of memories from past events, the ones of the world going to shit, and so on.

Then it was just T-Dog, Merle, and I up on the roof. They were talking about the key, Merle thought Rick just drove off with it. Both T-Dog and I knew that Rick gave it to him, Merle was out of the loop. T-Dog sorta side glanced at me and held up the key. After this I couldn't comprehend anything that was being said. It felt like the world was spinning. I knew this feeling, it was how I got before I passed out, I couldn't let that happen again so I just got up and started walking around. This probably isn't the best way to fix this particular issue but it's the only thing I could think of, and it helped. Just then Andrea and Morales started shouting, T-Dog and I gathered all of the stuff from the roof and we were about to run off when I realized Merle was still handcuffed to the roof. "YOU CANT JUST LEAVE ME HERE!!!" Merle shouted at the very top of his lungs. T-Dog turned around rushing like a chicken with its head cut off. Then I saw the key just fly out of his hands and fall down a pipe. Merle was now stuck there. I didn't know what to do and I saw T-Dog run towards the door so I scurried out as well. Guilt dawned over me as T-Dog locked up the door with a chain and a padlock, doing his best to try and keep the walkers out. We heard the glass doors break and ran towards the exit we climbed into the back of the truck and everyone just looked at us. I looked at Rick who was sending puzzled looks through the mirror. We started driving off, Glenn wasn't there and I guess everyone just assumed the worst. T-Dog finally spoke up," I dropped the key." He said in a mumbled voice filled with guilt. I could tell he was getting sick of everyone's death stares, because I was too. Just then we passed a red Camaro the car alarm was blasting and whoever was inside was just screaming, implying they were having the time of their life.

We started driving into the mountains and came around the turn to park behind the red Camaro which I quickly realized it was Glenn who was driving it. I seen all kinds of people, I didn't know any of them. Everyone we met in Atlanta was reuniting with their families and Rick and I just sat there, still in the truck. "Come on guys, let me introduce you to everyone." Morales said. Rick stepped out of the car and as I was I heard "DAD!!" shouted I quickly turned my head and realized Rick found his family. I'm not gonna lie, I was envious of Rick's reunion with Lori and Carl. That's all I ever wanted before the world went to hell, a family, and now I sure as hell won't ever find them, not that I wanted my mom back, I just sat there holding onto my locket wishing for what could've been if my dad knew about me. Meanwhile when all of this was taking place I was still half way in the truck, therefore no one noticed me. Everyone was swarming Rick, Lori, and Carl so I had the ability to sneak out without bringing attention.

I started attempting to sneak off into the woods and of course I cracked a stick underneath my feet. No one noticed. Finally, something going my way. Glenn came in front of me and stopped me. Well, my excitement was short lived.

"Where do you think you're going." Glenn asked me in a light hearted voice. I looked up at him," Anywhere but here, that's for sure." I said with a crack of holding back tears in my voice. I don't know why I was going to cry, it's not like I lost someone or got hurt or something like that. Glenn just nodded in response. I started walking away. "Well if you're going I'm coming with you." He said, I could tell what he was trying to do. He knew I wasn't going to make him leave his friends and family for someone he just met. It's not like I saved him or anything he didn't owe me anything, what was he doing? I turned around,"Why?" I asked this time more cracks in my voice and my eyes started flooding. He didn't answer, I got impatient of waiting and just started running, hoping I could catch him off guard and he wouldn't be able to find me. I got into the woods and sat on a huge rock. At this point I figured Glenn just turned around and went back to his group. I was pretty sure I was or would be alone for long enough so I just let my tears out. I covered my mouth trying to stay as quite as possible.
—————————————————————————
Hey guys, my wattpad keeps glitching or something and like keeps bold on and won't let me chose italic or it just glitches off. I don't know what's happening but it's not gonna stop me from updating. Just a heads up the notes I add in from now on will probably be bold. I don't know how to fix it. But anyway I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING MY STORY. Don't forget to vote and comment!!!!