61: Black Smoke and Explosions

Emma's P.O.V

Martin and I glared at one another for a while. I couldn't stand that guy, I would seriously cut his dick off then slit his throat.

Except, I'm not going to. I need to learn to fight whatever it is that takes over me. That is not me. If I want to be able to survive with my people I must focus on maintaining both control of myself and sanity.

"If you hurt her, I swear to god, you will suffer the worst death anyone ever has..." I growled.

"Put your weapons down and go outside and take care of them." He said.

Tyreese nodded, and set his gun down anxiously.

I shot daggers at Martin with my eyes. If looks could kill, he'd be dead. I might be small, but I can look just as scary as Rick or Dad.

I looked from Martin to Judith. If anything happened to her, I'd never forgive myself.

Tyreese looked over at me.

I set my weapons down.

"You can take your hands off of her now, asshole." I spoke, Martin didn't move.

"I swear to god, if I come back in here and something has happened to that babygirl, I'm going to physically rip every layer of your skin off slowly. Don't test me." I said, walking out of the shack and slamming the door.

I looked around. There were about eight walkers out here. I started taking them out. I didn't know if Tyreese was out here yet or not, but it felt like I blinked and all of them were dead.

I looked around as I obtained control of myself once more. I breathed heavily, but I couldn't get control back of myself.

I heard what sounded like someone getting the shit beat out of them. In the shack, Tyreese had basically tackled Martin and had him pinned down. Tyreese had knocked Martin unconscious, and gotten up to take care of Judith.

I set Martin back up and allowed Tyreese to take care of Judith. I grabbed my knife and sat right in front of Martin waiting for him to wake up.

We heard a large explosion come from the direction of Terminus.

"Was that back home?" Martin asked.

"Most likely." I spoke.

"Your people don't stand a chance." Martin said.

"How so? My people are smarter than y'all, my people are stronger than y'all, my people are survivors. Yours aren't. Stop acting as if you're superior, you're not. I am. We are. You do what we say, or you die" I paused, approaching him. "Got it?" I asked as I kicked him in the stomach with as much force as I could manage. This caused one of the shelves above Martin to collapse and three large books fell off of it.

Rick's P.O.V

There was an explosion that shook the whole building. I watched terror strike Gareth's face. It was bittersweet.

I still had a wooden steak shoved into my sleeve that I had sawed off of the train car. I knew this was my opportunity.

Gareth freaked out and screamed at the butchers to stay where they were.

The explosion had distracted everyone, and Daryl and I fell to lay down. I took this as my chance and I cut the ties around my wrists with the steak.

The two butchers got into a heated discussion and one of them was freaking out that they were about to die, that everyone else is dead. Though, the other man tried to calm him down.