72: Knife and Gun

Emma's P.O.V

I had been waiting for what felt like forever to talk to Beth about everything. So much has happened, and I want her to know. I wish her and I had gotten closer at the prison, we're close, but not as close as I wish we were.

When I walked back into my room from checking on Carol, Beth was waiting for me, sitting right on the bed in my room.

I smiled at her when I walked in and she looked up and smiled at me.

I knew I had a tearstained face, that Beth would notice.

My light was on, but my door was closed, so we wouldn't bother anyone.

I sat on the bed with Beth.

"Have you been crying?" She asked already knowing the answer.

I nodded.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Carol. My dad had just talked to her about how she's like a mother figure to me. She agreed with being okay and proceeding to do it." I said, pained by the thought of losing Carol.

"Emma, she'll be okay. She'll pull through. I already heard Dawn and Dr. Edwards talking about how she's made unbelievable progress. They said at this rate, she should be waking up anytime now." Beth explained.

I smiled.

"I'm stuck in the middle of a huge lie on top of it." I whispered.

"What're you talking about?" She asked.

"I lied to get in here with Carol, we were with Dad and a kid named Noah, he said he knew you. That you helped him break out of this place. I told them Carol was my mom and she was all I had left, so Gorman agreed to take me in. We left Dad and Noah, so all we really have to do now is wait for them and the rest of the group to come get us." I whispered more.

Beth nodded, taking it all in.

"Oh, how about Maggie, is she okay?" Beth asked.

"Yeah, she's great. Her and Glenn are. Right now they're held up back at a church, a man we met a few days back took us there, he's too weak to do anything to anyone. They're all okay." I explained.

"Who's all okay, I haven't seen anyone since the prison, besides Daryl, now you and Carol." Beth explained.

"Sorry. Rick, Carl, Sasha, Bob, Glenn, Maggie, Michonne, and Tyreese. We've also found some new people on the road, Tara, Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita. Then the two that were at the church, Gabriel who was the priest, and a girl my age named Valerie." I explained.

"I'm glad to hear they're all okay." Beth said.

"Me too. At least they all were when I was there yesterday. They left on a run and I haven't seen them since before they did. I doubt any of them got hurt, but you never know. Things go wrong and they took Gabriel with him, and he doesn't know how to kill walkers." I explained.

Beth sighed.

"I do have some things to tell you that have happened since I last talked to you at the prison. It's mainly things with Carl, but theres a few other things with other people. Things that I hope won't change the way you think of me." I explained.

"I won't change the way I think of you. The world is crazy, I get it. Just go in chronological order, what happened first?" Beth asked.

"Well, it was Carl and I telling one another we like each other." I explained.

"Everyone already knew that. How did you two go without realizing it at some point. You guys kissed, thats not just something friends do." Beth said.