53: Last Moments

Emma's P.O.V

I was pissed, don't flip Glenn off. I will make you regret it, he is the greatest person I know and he doesn't deserve your disrespect.

We were getting out of the back of the truck and Glenn picked up an orange bag he had.

"Gimme that." I whispered to him snatching it out of his hands.

"Carry this." I said shoving it over to Tara, I have officially begun taking my rage out on everyone.

Tara strapped the bag over her shoulder.

We all began walking off.

"Where the hell are you going?" Abraham got out, rushed towards us, and said.

"Where the hell is he going?" Abraham pushed, this time focusing it towards Tara and I, no one answered, we just kept walking.

"I don't know what your lady friends told you about the special nature of the mission we're on, but this shit is time-sensitive and we're already way behind schedule. So I need you to turn your ass around and get back in the truck." Abraham concluded cutting all of us off.

"I gotta go." Glenn muttered.

"It seems like neither one of you've been paying close enough attention to the hell on earth we've been living in. So let me tell you how to best avoid winding up just another dead-alive prick. You find some strong, like-minded comrades and you stay stuck together like wet on water. We need people. The more the better. We need each other, partner. Even with all that gear on her shoulders, you won't last a night. Not by yourselves." Abraham said, he was getting really close to Glenn, getting up in his face. I'm ready to take Abraham out if I need to, he might be strong, but he's not strong enough to withstand a knife to the head. I don't care what his mission is.

"I'll take my chances." Glenn retorted.

"I'm gonna have to insist that you hold the hell up." Abraham stopped him, putting his hand on Glenn's chest.

I had my knife out, so did Tara. Rosita had her hand on her gun.

I was standing next to Glenn. It was obvious that I was getting mad, I glared at Abraham.

"Alright, believe it or not but the fate of the entire damn human race might just depend on it." Abraham concluded and Glenn smacked his hand that was still held up to his chest.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Glenn asked.

Glenn looked over to me, "Who is this guy?" He asked.

"I'm Sergeant Abraham Ford. And these are my companions, Rosita Espinosa and Dr. Eugene Porter. We're on a mission to get Eugene to Washington DC. Eugene's a scientist and he know's exactly what caused this mess." Abraham explained.

Tara and I already knew this. Glenn was shocked.

"Alright. So what happened?" Glenn asked.

"Its classified." Eugene butted in.

"He'd been talking to the muckily-mucks in Washington on his satellite phone. The past couple weeks, nobody's been picking up on the other end. We saw how you handled those corpses back there. We could use your help." Abraham said.

"Sorry." Glenn responded then walking away, Tara joined in and I followed close behind after seeing Rosita shake her head at him.

I don't like it when people are mean to Glenn. He's too nice. He doesn't deserve it, so I'm gonna defend him.

I glared at Rosita before I walked after them. Abraham followed close behind.

Tara jogged up and began saying something to Glenn. I couldn't hear, I kept my knife at my side, waiting for someone to push me far enough. I knew it would happen.