81: The Whole

Emma's/Madelyn's P.O.V

A few days had passed since my little show with the knives. My father hasn't spoken to me since. He has sent one person to train me as far as weaponry. The next aspect being archery. I knew how to shoot a traditional bow, but when it came to the crossbow, I needed some help. I wasn't horrible with the crossbow, but I wasn't exactly good either. Now the traditional bow is another story, David, the instructor said I had perfect technique and basically passed with flying colors.

My dad said he wanted respect, and I guess I was kind of snappy and some would even say disrespectful, but I know my worth. I know what I can do.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door to my room. I checked to make sure I looked okay first. I don't know why. For some reason appearances seem really important to me, especially being here. I was wearing a pair of black leggings and a gray v-neck t-shirt. Just something I had grabbed from the market. Nothing too special, it seems to me that you won't even find special anymore.

The man who I had learned to be Dr. Carson came in.

"Hey." I said opening the door.

"Hey, I'm only here to check up on you. Make sure your health is doing good." He explained.

I let him in.

"H-Have you talked to your father lately?" He asked.

I noted his stuttering.

"No, why?" I asked.

"Just curious." He said, but I could tell there was something deeper to it.

He proceeded with the check up. It didn't take long, it was real quick.

"Everything seems to be all good and normal. Have you noticed any signs of your memory coming back?" He asked me.

"No. Not that I recall." I stated.

"Well, if you do let me know. I've only treated one other patient with amnesia in my time of being a doctor. I feel I could get some useful information from you, maybe to help someone else who gets it in the future." He explained.

I nodded. "Will do, Dr. Carson."

I walked to the kitchen as he showed himself out. I wanted a bottle of water from the fridge.

There was one left, I'd have to go get some more later on.

Suddenly, there was another knock on my door.

I walked over to the door to answer it.

As soon as I opened the door, I was snatched.

Someone pulled a bag over my head and pulled my hands behind my back.

I didn't know how people there were, but I immediately started fighting.

I used my right leg to kick wherever I could, and I used all the force I could manage. I heard a scream of pain and my hands were released.

I hurried to pull the bag off of my head, and raised my hands ready to fight anyone else I needed to.

No one came, so I relaxed a bit.

I looked down to see a man that I had never seen before laying on the ground, grabbing his leg.

"Are you the only one?" I asked.

He didn't answer me.

I kicked his upper body back, causing him to lay back, putting my foot on his chest.

"Are you the only one?" I asked again this time through gritted teeth.

He didn't answer.

I moved my foot down to his leg, it was clear that it was broken from the way that it was bent. 'Did I do that?' I questioned myself for a moment.