35: Thirteen

Merle's P.O.V

Rick wants to take Michonne to The Governor for some deal they worked out. He doesn't know The Governor like I do, The Governor's not gonna keep his end of the deal up.

Rick also didn't let on that Michonne isn't the only one The Governor wanted. He wanted Emma too, she just went willingly. Which she shouldn't have.

Rick cancelled taking Michonne to The Governor now that Emma left. I'm still taking her though, without Rick or anyone else knowing.

Rick's P.O.V

I walked into my cell and found a really tiny piece of paper where I usually set my gun. I don't know how I didn't notice it this morning. I opened it up and read to my self. "Don't worry Rick. This way Daryl and Carl will never know and can never be mad at you. Good luck getting Michonne to The Governor if you choose to do so. I only know about this because I was on watch when you and Hershel were talking. Good luck, take care of Carl and Daryl for me. - E.D"

How did I not realize Emma was on watch. I probably just killed her. I can't believe I've done this. I need to apologize to Carl and Daryl. I can't though. They'll never forgive me. There is one person I can tell about this though, Hershel.

I walked out of my cell, stupidly not hiding the note and Carl saw it.

"Hey, did Emma leave you a note too?" He asked while taking it out of my hand.

Carl's P.O.V.

I took Dad's note. I would've thought the other person she hugged was Daryl. I began reading it. I couldn't believe what I was reading.

"How could you do this?!" I practically shouted.

"Carl keep your voice down." He said quietly.

"Why? Are you too scared of Daryl finding out?" I asked in a regular tone this time, attempting to fight back my tears.

Dad tried to find words but couldn't.

I handed him his note back. "I'm glad you got what you wanted." I said before going into my cell.

Emma's P.O.V

I was now in my moms apartment thing. I would very much rather be back at the prison. Carl and Daryl are probably so mad at me. I lied to them and then left them.

"I'm so glad you decided to come stay with me." My mom said starting conversation.

"I'm not here for you." I said.

She looked at me puzzled.

"Your Governor made a deal with Rick, that if I were to come live with you, he wouldn't hurt anyone back at the prison." I said. I had began losing hope of Michonne getting here. Rick couldn't do it. I hope I'm enough to keep everyone safe.

"He did that?" She asked like she had just seen a ghost or something.

I shook my head yes.

"Either way, I'm really happy you're here." She said with a smile.

"I'm not, I'd very much rather be back with my family. My dad... The boy I love." I said beginning to stare at the ground.

"You... Love?" She asked.

I looked up at her petrified, I didn't mean to say that.