85: Farewell, My Love

Emma/Madelyn's P.O.V

"Madelyn! How nice of you to join the party!" Negan exclaimed, waving the bat in my direction.

I glared at him. "That's not my name."

"Oh, y'see, I'm the one with the bat. I say what goes." Negan said.

"I'm the one who made the bat." I stated.

"Whatever. Who's the leader of this head strong little group... Rick?" He asked.

Rick glared at him, Rick has one of the most intimidating glares I've ever seen. I know most of the people in our group could kill with their looks, of course, if that were a thing.

"Look, you're the first group we've come across that we didn't try to kill one of you immediately. We were willing to just take you in. Save you. Even after you killed my men... then when I send men after you for killing my men, you kill even more of my men... and I was willing to just let you walk." Negan said.

Rick didn't say anything.

"Though, you refused, so now we're proceeding with force. Since you decided not to take us up on our offer, it's not longer an offer. It's happening, but I'm gonna have to kill one of you... but how do I decide?" Negan trailed off.

"Hey, Madelyn." Negan said.

I didn't respond. He walked up to me and pointed the bat at my head.

"Madelyn." He fried again, but still received no response.

"Fine! Emma." He said.

I turned my attention to him.

"Stand up, walk up here." Negan said, backing away and unholstering a gun.

"You're gonna pay for try to screw me over." Negan said.

"Don't touch her." My dad growled as he lunged forward, but was quickly held back by some of Negan's men.

"There was already one outburst, but I let it slide because I wasn't even out here yet. Daryl, that is the second and final outburst. Anymore, and y'all are gonna pay." Negan said.

"Now, I want Daryl and the boy up here in front of Emma." Negan said.

I glared at him.

Negan cocked his gun and raised it to my head.

"Emma, would you be as so kind as to take your creation off of my hands for a little bit." Negan said, handing over the bat.

I had no choice but to grab it.

Dad and Carl were brought up and set in front of me.

"Now, before we get started. We're gonna have to lay out the rules. No one moves unless they are told to move, no one makes a sound either. But of course, you're allowed to cry... you're gonna be doing a lot of that." Negan said.

He looked around at everyone, making eye contact with each person showing he meant what he said.

"Now that that is settled. Emma, you're gonna pay for trying to screw me over. Got it? You can only choose from the two in front of you. No one else. You only have to hit them once, or until they're unconscious, and I'll take over the rest. I should get to have a little fun. If you try anything else, there are enough men with guns here to blow you to pieces." Negan explained.

"In what way did I even try to screw you over?" I asked Negan.

"You killed the team I sent you out with, and completely switched sides." Negan explained. "Now, back to it."

"Wasn't it you who made me stay, made me start all over, lied to me like a psychopath. I'm not your daughter. I never have been. You're the one who screwed me over. You should be the one paying." I said, through somewhat gritted teeth.

"Just choose one of them. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." Negan said.

"I'm not going to hurt either of them." I said.

Negan held the gun to my throat.

"You're gonna have to do it." I said.

"Just choose me." My dad mouthed to me.

That's when an idea dawned on me.

"I'm not doing it, Negan." I tried one last time.

Negan's people came up and held knives to Dad and Carl's throats.

"You're going to do it. If you don't I'm going to kill both of them and take out one of the others." Negan said.

I took a deep breath, "Okay... fine."

I looked at Carl and my dad and I held a finger to my lip, signaling for them to stay quite no matter what.

I looked back at the rest of my people. They watched in anticipation. I could tell they had no idea what I was going to do. They all knew I couldn't hurt either of them though, so I could see their confusion.

I removed the finger from my lips. "I love you so much." I said looking at all of my people, making eye contact making sure they understood.

Michonne was the only one that caught on. She shook her head no at me.

"Farewell, my love." I said, specifically to Carl, as I swung the bat with all the force that I could manage, and hit myself in the head.

3rd Person P.O.V

Everyone looked around at one another, completely shocked, anticipating Negan's next move.

"Well, I'll be damned. That girl was smarter than I thought she was. It's a damn shame she has to go out like this." Negan said, picking up the bat.

Without any regard for Carl and Daryl, easily the two people there who were the closest to her, he built up all the force and gathered all the momentum he could, and he beat her brains out.

He used the bat, and turned her brains into complete and utter mush.