17:Walker Ears, Best Friends, and Bloody Noses

Emma's P.O.V

Here I am yet again on the couch, I need to learn to sleep where I'm supposed to. I need to go find Hershel and apologize to him about it.

"Hey Hershel." I said once I found him. 

He shifted his attention towards me. 

"I just wanted to say, I'm sorry that I keep falling asleep inside, once my dad gets here with the tent I will for sure be outside. I've just been so worried about Carl and I haven't left his side."

"Its okay, I completely understand you being worried and everything." He said and walked off. 

I heard the RV pull in, I run outside. Daryl is behind the R.V on his bike and I run to his side then I immediately wrap my arms around him. 

"Woah kid, whats gotten into you?" He chuckled as he hugged back. 

I laughed, I just kept waiting and waiting for Glenn to make a comment about me liking Carl. I know sooner or later Daryl is gonna think I do too. Pretty soon everyone is gonna think I do. Although he's only my best friend no matter how many times I tell people that. So far the only people that think so or who I believe to think so are Glenn, Rick, Lori, and maybe Shane. 

Speaking of Shane the fact that he came back without Otis creeps me out. Then he fed everyone some bullshit story at Otis's funeral, I mean rest in peace Otis. He was/is a true hero, he lost his life so Carl could keep his which I'm inexpressibly thankful for. I just don't think he died as Shane claims. I think Shane and Otis were stuck in a tight spot and Shane left Otis for dead so he could live. 

Maggie and Glenn are going on a run to the pharmacy today just to stock up on somethings. Lori doesn't know this but I know she asked Glenn to get her something specific. Now if I could just find out what exactly that would be great. 

Glenn and Maggie left on horseback. Daryl is going out again to look for Sophia even though he just got here. I see Andrea and Dale on top of the R.V standing watch. That just made me think of everything that happened back at the quarry. Then I thought back to what Carl said, he's right. Theres no way I could've known any of that would happen. 

With Daryl and Glenn gone and Carl cooped up in bed all day with people coming in and out to see him I decide to do something productive. I go to my dad's stuff to look for my bow, my arrows, and my throwing knives. I know he kept them, I told him to. I don't want anyone and everyone's greasy hands all over them. 

I finally found all of it. A knife was missing but thats not a big deal, it might've saved someone's life so I'm totally cool with it. I decided to practice with my knives first since I haven't used those in a longer time. I carve out a target in the tree with my knife like I usually did before all of this, I've done it many times so it was really easy. 

I made sure to go far enough away from the house so no one sees me but if something happens I'm close enough to where I'll hear it. I gained all my focus towards my aim and threw it. Almost a dead straight bullseye. I figure I'm doing pretty good with the knives so I decide to only throw about 10 more. Once I'm done with those 10 I move to the bow. I know I'll be good with it because I used it not too long ago, maybe three or four days ago. I stand there again gaining all my focus towards my aim and this time I got a straight bullseye. Right in the middle of everything. I clean up everything of mine and head back to the farm. 

I set all my stuff where Daryl set up, for whatever reason he distanced himself from the rest of the group. I know he can be rude most of the time but I know deep down he cares, I think he's just scared of potentially caring too much and losing someone. The thing about him and I though is he has a sweet spot for me, he's always nice to me. I get where he's coming from though, being too scared to care is an issue I've experienced. I eventually came over it though on the bright side. I think Daryl truly cares, he's just gotta funny way of showing it, me being the exception of course.