73: Intimidating

Emma's P.O.V

I walked into my room, right past Beth. She was concerned and followed me.

"Close the door behind you." I whispered when I walked past her, just because I knew she would follow me.

I walked into my room, no one was allowed in an occupied room, not unless they had permission, meaning no one was allowed in my room. They get cleaned when someone leaves the room, besides that, whoever is in the room is responsible for cleaning it. I know I would be the only other one in here besides Beth.

"What happened? I seen Dawn leave the room shaken up, then go back in. Edwards was next, then you left all pissed like that.

I took the knife and gun from being tucked in my pants and I stuffed the knife in my pillow.

"Emma. What happened?" Beth said once more.

I walked over to the cabinets that were in my room, looking for some medical tape. Luckily I found some.

I taped the gun to the side of my bed.

"I heard some commotion over by the elevators, so I went to check it out. I found O'Donnell and Dawn fighting, like in a physical fight. I went in and tried to help Dawn out, seeing how it looked like O'Donnell was attacking her in the first place. Then it turned around to a fight between O'Donnell and I. He had a knife to my throat and was about to throw me into the elevator shaft, so I just grabbed the blade of the knife while he was off guard and this happened." I paused to show her my hand. "He was uneasy so I got the best of him and pulled it away. I switched places with him and put him closer to the elevator shaft. I grabbed his gun and I kicked him down. Then Dawn came in and started talking to me about it, but once Edwards walked in, she acted clueless. She punched me in the face, of course I acted like it didn't hurt 'cause that usually gets under people's skin. Then I told her "I've met squirrels that punch harder than that." And she gave me an invitation to punch her, so I did, and she fell over and her nose started bleeding."

I walked back over to the cabinet and got the stitch kit, the rubbing alcohol, and some gauze out of it. I didn't know that was there I just got lucky.

Beth looked at me like I was crazy. "I don't know whats gonna happen to you. I've never heard of anyone sticking up to Dawn like that." She said.

"Oh well, someone needed to stick up to her. I have a gun and a knife now. If they decide to send me away, you'll be here with Carol, and I'll come back with the group." I said.

There was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said, as I dumped some of the rubbing alcohol on the cut on my hand.

Dr. Edwards walked through the door and closed it.

I winced in pain. The alcohol stung my wound.

"I was just coming to see if you needed help with that." He said.

"Nope, Beth's dad taught me how to do it not too long ago." I said.

I looked up at Beth and smiled, thinking of Hershel. I could tell she was thinking of him too. She shouldn't have had to see that. That should've never happened to him. Nowadays it just seems like the good people are the ones who get messed with the most. That's why I've done the things I've done. I've made myself used to those things so I don't have to worry about the bad people having something to hold over me. I can take care of myself. I can keep up with them, and I can keep my people safe.

"Thank you, on behalf of myself and everyone else here, the officers and the patients." Edwards said.

"For?" I asked.