19: Yeah, and A Lot Too

Emma's P.O.V

Carol sat there in Daryl's arms crying at the sight of her dead-undead baby-girl. I stood next to Carl, him and I looked down at our hands and quickly realized what took place and snatched are hands back quite quickly.

A girl I learned by the name of Beth came running out in front of everyone crying over her reanimated mother's dead body. Quite quickly everyone became aware that her walker-fied mom hadn't yet been put down. Whoever shot her must've missed the brain.

As her mom began to attack her she began to scream. Almost everyone went running towards her to pull her from her mother's grasp. Meanwhile, Beth is still screaming. As Beth finally gets pulled away T-Dog steps up and begins to stomp on her mom's head. For whatever reason Glenn ends up dangerously close to getting grabbed by her mom. Andrea, and I hate to admit it but she was actually being smart for once in her life, and she grabbed some pickaxe looking thing and stabbed it through her mother's head. Beth ran to Jimmy and sobbed into his chest with his arms wrapped tightly around her. I assume Jimmy is Beth's boyfriend.

Now practically everyone, aside from Carol and Beth are helping out clean up the bodies. A funeral will be held for all of Hershel's family who resided in the barn and Sophia, the rest will get burned. We proposed this idea upon Hershel and he quickly disagreed. He believes everyone who was in that barn should have a proper burial whether we knew them or not. Of course we went along with his idea because (1) this is his farm and (2) our people just slaughtered every walker in that barn completely ignoring his objections that he voiced to Rick.

I was helping out with wrapping the bodies in blankets or sheets and lifting them into the back of the pick up truck. Carl couldn't help because he could potentially pop a stitch so he just waited for me close enough but to where he wasn't in the way. All the bodies were cleaned up and going off on the truck.

"Emma, I want ya to stay here for the rest of this process, got it?" Daryl said in his thick Southern accent.

"Got it." I said.

I walked over to Carl, him and I discussing what we should do for the time being.

"We should go check up on Carol don't ya think?" I said finally having a good idea.

"Yeah." He said in response.

We approached Carol and I began.

"Hey Carol, how are you feeling." I asked with a sympathetic tone in my voice.

"Oh, I'm doing a bit better honey. I know now that Sophia is up in heaven." She said vulnerably.

"Heaven isn't real, and if you think it is you're stupid." Carl said quite intensely.

"Carl!" I shouted. Carol then stormed off and I followed her leaving Carl behind.

"Carol I'm really sorry about that. I can't speak for him but I'm sure he's having a hard time just like the rest of us dealing with Sophia's death." I said.

"Its fine, I'll talk to his parents about it though. That was very rude of him." She said.

"I think thats a good idea, I'll try to talk to him too. From more of a friend point of view. Maybe that'll help knock some sense into him." I said and Carol nodded and walked away.

I hurried along to find Carl.

"Carl, what was that?" I asked clearly talking about his outburst on Carol.

"I don't know, heaven just doesn't seem to be real, not with all thats happening." He said while fidgeting with his hands avoiding eye contact with me.