43: Everyones Got A Job To Do

Daryl's P.O.V

We found a battery for the mini van earlier. I hope we can get the medicine back in time to save everyone. We don't need to lose anyone else. 

We drove for quite a while longer until we came to the veterinary college with the medicine. Bob was the biggest help when it came to finding the medicine. 

We rushed in and out of the building as fast as we could. We got everything we needed just in time, but there were walkers inside that ended up attempting to swarm us. They failed though. 

We got out just in time. Bob almost lost his bag, which wasn't even the bag with the medicine but he still tried and succeeded to keep it. He risked his life for a bag. He almost got pulled off of the pavilion we were on for this bag. All of us joined in on helping him not falling off. We kept telling him to let it go. 

When he pulled it up a bottle of alcohol was revealed. I picked it up. 

"You got no meds in your bag? Just this?" I asked. 

He didn't say anything. 

"You shoulda kept walking that day." I said talking about the day I found him and brought him in. 

I went to throw the bottle out into the walkers. 

"Don't." Bob said as he put his hand on his holstered gun. 

I got up in his face, he wouldn't look at me, I also took his gun. 

"Just let it go Daryl, the mans made his choice. Nothing you can do about it. Just gotta let it go." Tyreese said, but I didn't back down. 

"I didn't wanna hurt nobody. It was just for when it gets quiet." Bob said. 

I still stood close to him. 

"If you take one sip before those meds get in our people, I will beat your ass into the ground. You hear me?" I threatened while handing back the bottle then walking away. 

Emma's P.O.V

I was checking on the people in the cells close to the entrance, I just wanted to make sure nobody needed anything, making sure they were all alive. As I was finishing checking up on the last person there was a knock at the door. 

Hershel had given me his keys. He said, theres more chance of me staying healthy, something about once you get old your chances of immunity begins to decrease. So, I walked over to the door, unlocked it, and opened it. It was Emily and Taylor. 

"Are you guys sick?" I questioned. 

"Thanks to you. Bringing all your diseases with you... wait, why aren't you sick?" Emily asked me, clearly pained from the illness. 

I shrugged cockily. I showed them each to their own cell, they were people we lost overnight. Hershel and I had already taken care of them, so they didn't turn into walkers.

Before returning to check on others I went into each of their cells and asked one question.  

First, I went into Emily's cell. 

"Do you need anything? Maybe extra blankets or some of the freshly made tea." 

"Some tea would be nice. Also, can you cover me up?" She asked. 

"Sure." I said grabbing her blanket and putting it on her. 

"I'll be back with your tea in just a moment." I said. 

Next I went to Taylor's cell. 

"Do you need anything? Maybe some freshly made tea or extra blankets."