76: Unconscious Dreams

Emma's P.O.V

I was back in the alley behind my house. I looked down at my stomach, searching for the bottle outline on my stomach. It was there, but it didn't hurt. My stomach hurt in the center where there was nothing.

Everything was unclear, but I could see. I watched as a man came up to me and acted as if I was completely unconscious. I knew who the man was, it was Bob. Bob called 9-1-1.

We waited a few minutes, him comforting me. I was reliving the whole situation, except the actual event I had no knowledge of, for some reason I was reliving it. Bob kept telling me it was gonna be okay, and that he was gonna get me help.

Everything was black again, and I could here the sound of machines panicking, but not fully being there.

My eyes flashed open, and all I could do was scream. My stomach was hurting me so bad, everything else was numb, but my stomach. I know I stabbed myself. I just want this to be done with. I'm not sure what I mean by this I just want it done. I want all of the stress to be gone, I want all of this to be better, and maybe it would be if I were dead.

I'm not scared of death anymore, I'm scared of hurting the people who love me unconditionally. Truthfully, I don't know whether or not I'd be here if it weren't for them being with me. Without them, I might just end it all. Opt out, like Jenner said that day back at the CDC. I'm so sick of living through all of this shit. Things just keep getting worse and worse and I don't know how much longer I can take it.

I heard as Carl and Dad started freaking out outside of the room.

"Save her!" Carl shouted.

"Please save her!" Dad concluded.

I was out again, but I was in another hospital room. The one I woke up in before I met Rick. There was no nurse this time. I got up and rushed to look out the window. The whole city was okay. There weren't any dead bodies outside of the hospital, the lights were on.

Suddenly the door opened. It was Bob.

"Bob?!" I asked, excitedly.

"Yeah." He said, in shock.

I ran up to him and hugged him.

"Thank you for saving me." I said, as I hugged him tightly.

"You're welcome. I just have one question, what's your name? Do you remember anything?" He asked me.

"I remember everything, my names Emma." I said.

"That's good. Really good. I'm gonna go get the doctor." He said.

"No." I grabbed his arm. "Please don't. I just want to talk with you. Once you open that door things will get really bad. The dead will be walking around, just please, let me talk to you."

I hugged him tightly once more and began crying, knowing this is the last moment I will ever get with him, no matter how much I know it's not real.

He didn't know what I was talking about or what was going on, but he didn't object to it. He just stayed in the room and let me talk.

"I'm so sorry for what happens to you. Thank you so much for all you've done for me. You're such a big part of my family, and I love you. Thank you." I said to him.

There was a flash of light and I was back in my old house. My mom was there, but she wasn't doing drugs. She was the person I remember from when I was young.